Poll: Your personal favourite anti-hangover remedy?

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
I don't drink, but what I've heard is that the reason alcohol gives you a hangover is that it dehydrates the body, and so to cure the hangover you have to drink a LOT of water.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Sleep it off as much as possible, drink a smoothie to fill the the hole in my stomach when I can't yet bring myself to eat, then orange juice, then water, then tea, then regret drinking tea because it dehydrates you, then sitting in front of the for 2-3 hours, then shower, then feeling mostly normal.

Not so much a remedy as it is a system of coping.

DSK- said:
Other: Not drink at all. The great thing about this method is that it works :)
It does come with the terrible price of being boring, however.

DrunkPickle said:
I've never been drunk in my life; and I intend to keep it that way. In the future, I will use it as a bragging right.
To who, nuns? They're chaste, you know.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Exercise. The hard part is gathering up the will to do it, but it works. And, of course, drink water.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
DrunkPickle said:
I've never been drunk in my life; and I intend to keep it that way. In the future, I will use it as a bragging right.
Yeah, people will know what a fun person you are straight away.

OT: If you can stomach it, more alcohol. If you can't, a combination of chopped apple, honey and cinnamon. And a shower. And plenty of water, unrelated to the shower.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Woodsey said:
DSK- said:
Perhaps. I guess it depends on how one spends their time when they aren't pissing their money up against a wall.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Eh, I don't ever suffer from hangovers, even after consuming 6+ units. But for those who do, a good glass of milk helps.

jyork89

Jun 29, 2010
Drink crap loads of water before I go to bed. The hangover never comes. I try to force down at least 3 glasses of chilled water. Even if I have to get up every 2 hours and pee at night it generally works like a charm... unless I'm too drunk to be bothered.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
i've heard that IV Hartmann's Solution works...
JasonKaotic said:
The drip. BOOM.
Seriously, get yourself so drunk that you have to go to hospital. There's nothing the drip can't do.
i assume you mean the one i mentioned? because doctors dont/cant prescribe it. its a little dangerous and i dont think its approved as a hangover cure. luckily, you can do whatever the fuck you want to yourself, so doctors do use it on themselves. unless the doctors you know give you it.
usually, going to hospital=stomach pump. plus, it shouldnt be given to people with liver damage from alcohol abuse. which is weird for a hangover cure...

that or greasy food.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
DSK- said:
Woodsey said:
DSK- said:
Perhaps. I guess it depends on how one spends their time when they aren't pissing their money up against a wall.
A wall? So uncivilised. If one is to mark one's territory, one must find a suitable hedge in which to secure his reign.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
I do 4 things:
- Drink milk before I sleep. As much as I can take.
- Sleep with nice warm clothing on.
- When I wake up at night or in the morning, drink as much water as I can.
- Eat fat food as soon as my stomache lets me.

Since I started doing this, my hangovers now only last for around half a day. Before this it used to last my entire sunday, some times even mondaymorning.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
My favourite anti-hangover fix is, put simply, sex.
You see, I am among those who don't enjoy a drunken roll in the hay. Alcohol numbs it somewhat fierce. But taking a trip to heaven the morning after quickly makes the hangover go away.

When I can't have that, I go with a bacon-sandwich and a G&T!

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Well, before I book it and go to sleep, I drink enough water to keep a typhoon-sub afloat. Then, I make sure I've got some water by my bed if I wake up.

It really does work, far more than I'd have guessed, myself. I suppose it's simply counter-acting the dehydration that comes with the guzzling.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Not drink. I'm not an anti-alcohol prude, I drank several litres of Germany's finest cheapest beer New Years Eve, but I went 6 months without drinking at the start of the year and it was one of the happiest, healthiest times of my life.

From experience lots of water and food before sleeping, being able to sleep as long as possible, then a powerade/gatorade, fast food and more sleep.

I went to bed on sunday night at 6pm and got up at 8:30am this morning, I feel like a new person and have also managed to fix my sleep cycle, I had ruined in the previous weeks.
JasonKaotic said:
The drip. BOOM.
Seriously, get yourself so drunk that you have to go to hospital. There's nothing the drip can't do.
Or just put one in yourself, like my friend does, she's pretty crazy though.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
People who don't drink confuse me. Being on the british isles we have just about 4000 years of drink related culture, i can't deny that or future generations that. Oldest beer in the world? British isles, in a pit, fermented from...whatever was thrown in a pit!

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
Bacon butty with butter and Daddies Favorite sauce with a mug of strong black coffee.

Or sleep. Or more booze. Depending on whether I have drunk lots/drunk enough/at a bike rally.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
I don't often get hangovers after drinking, but when I do I generally just sleep for 12hours+ and that sets me straight.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Woodsey said:
DSK- said:
Woodsey said:
DSK- said:
A wall? So uncivilised. If one is to mark one's territory, one must find a suitable hedge in which to secure his reign.
Trees. Trees are good too.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Jonluw said:
Hahaha!

Puny mortals. Not being able to drink without regretting it the next day.
I revel in your misery, weaklings!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*drinks a ton of water in advance anyway*

<.<

[sub][sub][sub]Funny seeing this here after posting my drunk thread! XD[/sub][/sub][/sub]