Poll: Your personal favourite anti-hangover remedy?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I take 6 strips of bacon fry em up, then deep fry some eggs in the bacon grease. If I really have and hangover I add gatorade and sausages to the list as well.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well, I can't really drink, so I don't which means I don't get hangovers (I'm just weird OK).
But if I did I'm pretty sure I would solve it with Bacon.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Jonluw said:
Hahaha!

Puny mortals. Not being able to drink without regretting it the next day.
I revel in your misery, weaklings!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*drinks a ton of water in advance anyway*

<.<

[sub][sub][sub]Funny seeing this here after posting my drunk thread! XD[/sub][/sub][/sub]
Hey, I'm not saying I don't drink water before going to bed.
That's how I avoid the hangover, after all.
Well, that and only drinking clear spirits.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
My anti-hangover remedy is a simple plan that just about anyone can do: I don't drink that's all there is too it. Course I never really cared for the taste so that might have something to do with it.

Mugen

Dec 14, 2011
i like a sneaky joint (legally obtained, fyi nazi moderators). a few puffs, a large OJ and several hours of anime, i think it could probably cure cancer or even Christianity :)

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Cheese string, salt and vinegar crisps and cherry tango. tis the god of all hongover cures

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
tombman888 said:
Don't drink = no hangover
no hangover = no need for cure
no need for cure = yay!

I'm legally not allowed to drink yet, so hangovers obviously don't happen to me.
This needs fixing.

Anyone in the UK will have been drinking something since around 14. It's a rite of passage for your dad to buy you a Guinness or a Smiths about that age, stops you developping a wankers taste and liking WKD or some other dreck

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Don't usually get hangovers but drinking a lot of water before bed and then Irn Bru in the morning has always worked out well heh.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Keep sleeping until its gone, and if you cant fall sleep then stay in bed and feel like shit for most of the day.

darkstarangel

Jun 27, 2008
I dont know about when you have the hangover but before crashing I drink heaps of water & go for long walks around the block to sweat/piss/breath the alcohol out till the drunkeness wares off (not completely mind you).

By morning my head feels a little sensitive & stomach really groggy but its nothing a gatorade & a greasy breakfast cant fix.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
I don't get hangovers - something I attribute to being about the most hydrated person I know. Even when drinking I have lots of water as well as alcohol and down a big glass right before I go to bed for the night.

The key there is to drink it constantly - if you wait till you wake up feeling crap to drink water it's too late by far. Has to be before and during.

Then when you get up, eggs and bacon with orange juice and coffee - all problems solved.

XSin

Jul 21, 2009
Depends on the type of hangover, if its pure headache then water, headache plus sick stomach then oily hot food like hashbrowns.

If its one of those one where your stomach is so bad you can't eat. . . god help you

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Maybe it's been said already but that's fine because the truth is always worth repeating:

Drink lots of water BEFORE you go to bed! Roughly 1 large glass of water per beer should do (may vary from person to person). Even if you can barely swallow it any more, stick to the one glass per beer rule.
Hangovers start because you are dehydrated because breaking down the alcohols in your liver takes lots of water. If you stock up a large excess of water, there won't be a shortage and you'll feel fine in the morning.

I've never had a hangover since I started using this trick.

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
When I'm hanging the thought of food makes me feel sick. For me its lots of sleep and water.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Since a hangover is actually from dehydration, a fair amount of water before crashing for the night does the trick for me. Hasn't failed me yet but won't give 100% satifaction. Sometimes you'll just feel bleh the next morning....like a minor hangover but will still be functional even if you might have a lack of energy.

corysc

Nov 20, 2011
Figured this out totally by accident. Have about 3 drink (beam and coke in my case) then drink an extra strength 5 hour energy, then drink till you dont want anymore...or pass out in my case. Guess the alcohol makes you sleepy, and once you are out the 5 hour kicks in and works it through you. Not too sure how healthy it is, but if you know ahead of time you are gonna get REALLY messed up, it works.