Poll: Your personal favourite anti-hangover remedy?

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Murtdragon said:
I'm from Scotland, so I have Irn Bru. Full of sugar and caffeine and orange colour...

http://www.agbarr.co.uk/agbarr/newsite/ces_brands.nsf/images/AE92D1388DFCF613802574F100629290/$file/Irn_Bru_500ml_FS.jpg
Not a Scot, Englishmen here but ti's also my cure, Irn Bru and eggs tends to cure all but the worst hangovers.

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
I've never been drunk, but I at least know that a hangover is a dehydration-induced headache, where the dehydration comes from the lots of peeing that drinking alcohol makes you do. How could a large intake of water not be the best cure? Unless you pair it with fast-acting painkillers if you can't wait for your body to rebalance itself?

Remember, guys: the only true cure for anything is to stop doing what's causing it (as long as the condition isn't sufficiently advanced that this doesn't work, in which case all you can do is treat it). In this case, depriving your body of water.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Bento Box said:
My personal favorite anti-hangover measure is something that some people simply don't have access to: a tremendous capacity for alcohol.

Of course, if you were born with an unfortunately small frame, or have a lamentably small amount of mass, or for any other reason are a lightweight, you should certainly be armed with this knowledge: Most hangovers are nothing more than dehydration. Drink water while you drink your booze, and drink water afterward. Keep your insides wet, and you'll keep your head non-exploded. YAY!
This. I once had seven drinks in the course of about an hour and a half, and woke up feeling absolutely fine in the morning, and it's because I drink water in between alcoholic drinks. Granted, I weigh over 200 pounds and, as an individual of Scottish descent, have a pretty high natural tolerance anyway (so 7 drinks for me is less drunk than two drinks for the guy I was drinking with that night, and probably equivalent to three or four for most people), but the big thing is just that I drink water in between; I never get dehydrated while drinking, and therefore never get a hangover.