Poll: Your thoughts on Romania

Adanos

Oct 24, 2009
Jark212 said:
Nope, I don't want to get jumped by gypsies for being an American...
You will likely get eaten alive by animals with no master before that. No srsly.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
TempestZ said:
Jark212 said:
Nope, I don't want to get jumped by gypsies for being an American...
You will likely get eaten alive by animals with no master before that. No srsly.
True story, it happened to a co-worker of mine when he was in the Navy...

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
I haven't visited Romania and I know...

That Romania has had a strangely large proportion of dictators, from Vlad Tepes, to that fellow whose name I forgot in WWII, and then the other fellow whose name I also forgot who ran the Soviet satellite state. That said, I don't know much about Romanian culture in general, though I would like to, as I enjoy Eastern European nations.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
faceless chick said:
Ok, I'm doing this as a study for my licence paper about people's perception of Romania, so be honest about it.
It doesn't really matter if you know ANYTHING about Romania,i just need some responses (especially in the poll)

For those responding in a post,
tell me -
For those who've never visited
-what do you know about it(in short)? What interests you about it? What would you like to see in it? What do you want it to be able to vitally provide for you (hotels, transportation etc.)

For those who have-
- what did you think of it? Did it confirm/un-confirm your opinion about it? Is there anything you think should change? Would you like to visit again sometime?

So yeah, please reply.
Hello,

One of my best friends comes from Romania and currently lives in Bucharest (never met him in real life regrettably, that's why I wish to go there one day). From what I gather, it's a rather poor place. My friend says Bucharest is incredibly warm and boring in the summer, and that he goes on vacation in the mountains - the pictures from that area sure look nice.
The Romanian anthem sounds good.

Anyway, if I would ever go there, I would probably stay with my friend there or let him take care of the 'finding a hotel' part, since I can't speak a word Romanian. I would like to see things about the country or just walk/hike a bit around. I'm not sure. Never been there before.

Sulu

Jul 7, 2009
Isn't it one of the hundreds of tiny ex soviet nations to join the EU? The ones that always vote Russia in the Eurovision crapcontest?

Seriousness it does seem alright. Has some of the coolest history ever with Transylvannia!

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
............The overall oppinions here make me want to throw up.. seriously... Ok, i get it, you got most of your facts from top gear, and yes, ceausescu was a bad guy.... But for christ's sake, the guy made more for this darn country than we did after the revolution of 89'.

Also, yes we have transilvanya, no, we're not in asia, yes, Stoker's vampires are from here, and Vlad Tepes did not drink the blood of his victims... he just ran them through a big stake, butt-hole first, mouth last.

Plus HAWX was made by ubisoft romania so... yea.......

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Oh god...make the song stop...make it sto-"I'm just a sweet transsvestite...from transsexual..transylvania"

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
I know very little about Romania except that it's relativity poor compared to Britain, Germany, America etc. I think that the general concept of Romania is kind of... nasty, poor and rough but I don't buy that entirely. I imagine it's probably got some ace countryside and a good culture. I would definitely go there. Eastern Europe has always been weirdly appealing to me. I just like travelling and would go pretty much anywhere.

yaik7a

Aug 9, 2009
Well it i've been there and it looks like a micro version of Ukraine which is a micro version of Russia

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
BladeOfAkriloth said:
............The overall oppinions here make me want to throw up.. seriously... Ok, i get it, you got most of your facts from top gear, and yes, ceausescu was a bad guy.... But for christ's sake, the guy made more for this darn country than we did after the revolution of 89'.

Also, yes we have transilvanya, no, we're not in asia, yes, Stoker's vampires are from here, and Vlad Tepes did not drink the blood of his victims... he just ran them through a big stake, butt-hole first, mouth last.

Plus HAWX was made by ubisoft romania so... yea.......
Hey, I don't have a problem with Romania's dictators, sometimes I believe a dictatorship or some other form can sometimes be a necessity. Romania had power during the communist regime, a time when it was listened to, I can certainly see why some people miss the USSR and the rest of the Soviet bloc.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
I'd love to see Vlad Tepes's castle...just because I have heard it can change the minds of entire atheists due to how haunted it is.

Aside from that, Romania is a hidden gem of Europe. Great history, great people, BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAINS.

faselei

Jul 19, 2008
Arsen said:
I'd love to see Vlad Tepes's castle...just because I have heard it can change the minds of entire atheists due to how haunted it is.

Aside from that, Romania is a hidden gem of Europe. Great history, great people, BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAINS.
And cheap booze!

(So i hear)...