Poll: Your very own special attack...

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
(Before anyone asks, yes, the search button was, indeed, used. I practice what I preach.)

We've all seen them. Be it on TV, in a fantasy-type movie, an over-the-top anime, or as standard fare in a video game, someone will pull an attack or technique that is simply their own, something that they and (usually) only they are capable of through years of training/magical heritage/etc., that gives them an edge in combat. And I think most of us would agree with the fact that a lot of these attacks can be, to put it simply, pretty freakin' sweet.

Special attacks come in a variety of categories, of course:

Physical - Punching, kicking, throwing, what-have-you, any kind of attack that involves a body part of yours making nice, juicy contact with your unfortunate opponent's face.
Examples: Zangief's Final Atomic Buster, Iori Yagami's Ya Otome (Maiden Masher), and FALCON...PAWNCH!!

Projectile - Whether you don't want to get close or just don't need to, it never hurts to have some long-range ownage on hand. Pick an orifice (hands, feet, eyes, mouth, whatever) and fire away!
Examples: Goku's Kamehameha Wave, Sol Badguy's Tyrant Rave, and Shinkuu.... HADOUKEN!!

Weapon-based - Maybe you don't wanna get your hands dirty, but you also don't want any of that namby-pamby magic stuff, either. What then? Well, what do you think? Grab yourself a firearm or something particularly pointy and start makin' people HURT.
Examples: Cloud's Omnislash, Cable's Hyper Viper Beam, and GIGA... DRILL... BREAAKEEERR!!

So the question I pose to you tonight, my fellow Escapists, is that if you could have a special move all your own, what would be be, how would it look, and what would it do?

(And yes I do mean all your own. Don't just take an attack that already belongs to a character.)

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Probably something that mixes projectile and weapon-based.
Swords n' magic are always a fun mix.

As for what it would do/how it would look, I don't really know. It'd probably be very basic, as I've never really been fond of flashy moves. Perhaps something as simple as using magic to lift and pull my opponent whole-bodily onto my sword.
Yeah, I like that. Not imaginative, but it works.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Monkfish Acc. said:
good point XD

i'd like to mix magic with swords, imagine a flaming sword, that'd be awesome =D

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
sky14kemea said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
good point XD

i'd like to mix magic with swords, imagine a flaming sword, that'd be awesome =D
Fire plus swords always equals good times.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Probably a projectile, that explodes. Or something Other: Barragan's Death Breath.

Read last Bleach chapter for info.

A fast moving black cloud that dramatically ages and rots off anything it touches, living or not, and if it touches you, it won't stop eating your flesh and skin until you chop off the affected area...

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
SPIRIT PUNCH
A punch that goes straight through their physical self harmlessly; but smacks the soul straight out their body. Quick, instant death.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:

As for what it would do/how it would look, I don't really know. It'd probably be very basic, as I've never really been fond of flashy moves. Perhaps something as simple as using magic to lift and pull my opponent whole-bodily onto my sword.
about that with swords n guns, have u ever heard of Dante?

ify_

Mar 19, 2009
I have hair-of-ensnaring! It's similar to the D&D "web" spell. I fling my head in your direction and my incredibly long and curly hair flies towards you and entangles you in bouncy curls and spring-time freshness. Of course, you're attached to my head now, but you're completely helpless! Mwa Ha Ha Ha!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Christemo said:
Monkfish Acc. said:

doesnt Squall have something like that too? =D (FF8 i think)

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Definitely something with gravity manipulation. It would probably be a weapon based one, like a blunt sword (think Order-Sol's blade, just without the second part stapled on) that uses gravity manipulation to increase the density of it to the point where the force created by a regular swing is like that of a warhammer. That'd be cool.

Edit: Also, since I've been on an extreme Guilty Gear bender recently, something like Order Sol's Tyrant Rave, but with a pure concussive blast instead of flame. (I really like Order Sol. >.>)

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Projectile.

I would take out a large needle and throw it to my victms neck. Instant death.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Vanguard_Ex said:
SPIRIT PUNCH
A punch that goes straight through their physical self harmlessly; but smacks the soul straight out their body. Quick, instant death.
Oooh, I like that one. Sounds like a way to kill without leaving clues.
Christemo said:
Who hasn't at least heard of him? I know what you're saying.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Why does everyone always go for direct attacks?

Mine would be something along with an Evil Eye (or Entropy Curse from Dresden files) combined with a part that makes the opponent the target of a Xanatos' Gambit.

Result: Accidents happen to him with constantly increasing frequence and everything, literally everything he can do or does, somehow ends up benefitting me directly or indirectly.

Challenge your enemy, hit him with this, give up the fight and then watch the last few hours of his life as a trouble magnet while reaping the rewards from any and all actions he takes, including inaction :)

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
My special attack wouldn't really be an attack, I would opt for temporary invulnerability and strength/power/accuracy (if using a gun).

Imagine the situation, someone's just stabbed/shot/otherwise struck me, I turn around slowly and stare at them before saying 'now you've made me mad...' before I proceed to rip their nipples off.