Poll: Your weapon of choice for surviving the zombie apocalypse...

King of the N00bs

Aug 12, 2009
katana. my reason? melee weapons aren't re-loadable...although I would prefer to have a spear though, just because they're not as heavy and have longer reach,but whatevs

Daenthos

Aug 12, 2009
Crossbow and a machete. Crossbows don't make much noise, are rather accurate, and are extremely effective at most ranges. Also, little risk of ammo shortage. Huzzah for resuable ammo! I'll see you through my crosshairs when you're a shambling semi-corpse.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
Kriss Super V sub-machine gun

or G36c because its light compact and fires the common 5.56 nato rounds.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
You guys are all silly. Melee weapons and crossbows are the only way to survive the zombie apocalypse: Silent, accurate, and deadly.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
Cold steel Katana for sure. Never gets dull, never needs reloading, cuts through rotted flesh like hot knife through butter. Just gotta remember to wear goggles and keep your mouth closed.
Infected blood in mouth = bad news.

warmonkey

Dec 2, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
Guns would be mostly useless, unless you felt like attracting MORE zombies, which is even more pointless, because you probably don't have a metric crapton of ammo, or any way to repair/clean the gun.

Speak for yourself, I have enough firearms and ammo to withstand my entire county becoming Zombified. And yes, *I* feel weird reading that too.
If you've ever seen the original Dawn of the Dead, I'm about 50 miles east of the "hicks with guns" drinking beer and hooting it up. the only difference is on this side of the susquehanna, we'd be drinking black coffee, not beer.. and probably marching on the nearest, largest overrun area once we ran out of shit to shoot.
which is probably why I've always loved zombie movies. there's really nothing scary about them for me. ...unless it's fast zombies.

fast zombies are terrifying :(

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Yureina said:
Katana. Its what I'd do best with in the long run.
Amen. What is the point of killing zombies if they can't hurt you at a long range? It just brings unwanted attention to yourself.

Flying-Emu said:
You guys are all silly. Melee weapons and crossbows are the only way to survive the zombie apocalypse: Silent, accurate, and deadly.
A crossbow? Are you nuts? A crossbow will just pierce through their flesh without any real damage. Haven't you played D&D?

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
None of the above.

I'd carry the cure to the infection around with me. No more zombies! Woot

emdotceedot

Jul 7, 2010
Ya know, I kinda (as in barely) read the Zombie Survival Guide, but I did manage to reach the bit about guns, and he kept saying that realistically you'd want a semi-auto pistola and a hunting rifle... But fuck that! In the words of Volume 10: "Pistol-Grip Pump on my lap at all times!!!" And maybe a frying pan... For giggles.

Mr. Doe

Aug 15, 2009
Melee weapons are superior (firing a gun will just act as a huge lure) crowbars are perferred as they are sturdy and useful for opening doors and caving in skulls.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
When is my weapon of choice NOT going to be explosives?

Seriously. Explosives. I don't care if I die, I get to make some shit blow up.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
A semi-Automatic rifle, the one where it fires as fast as you pull the trigger. And a Close range bladed weapon.

Machete,
Large Knife,
Shaolin Spade.
That sort of thing.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'd take the dual pistols, but wouldn't fight akimbo. I'd use one in a fight, keep the second for a New York Reload. A 9mm is good enough to drop a zombie with a headshot.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
I personally would go for a crossbow, but since that isn't an option, I'd go for a close-quarter combat weapon. This one to be precise.

Benefactor

Jul 5, 2010
Mr. Doe said:
Melee weapons are superior (firing a gun will just act as a huge lure) crowbars are perferred as they are sturdy and useful for opening doors and caving in skulls.
Having a crowbar would be useful as hell in said apocalypse, but getting swarmed might be an issue considering there's a very low chance you have CQC training or serious skills with a sword, no offense.

Having some range would be pretty useful I'd imagine.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
crudus said:
Yureina said:
Katana. Its what I'd do best with in the long run.
Amen. What is the point of killing zombies if they can't hurt you at a long range? It just brings unwanted attention to yourself.

Flying-Emu said:
A crossbow? Are you nuts? A crossbow will just pierce through their flesh without any real damage. Haven't you played D&D?
Even a bow and arrow if you're good enough with it.

ShoopDaToaster

Jun 15, 2010
Oh darned,i wish I could have changed my awnser to shotgun.(it was SMG)
Sprays a few dozen burning hot pieces of lead at a time,and when it's out of ammo,club the zombies to death with it!
Overall,shotgun is pretty cool guy.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
theSovietConnection said:
I personally would go for a crossbow, but since that isn't an option, I'd go for a close-quarter combat weapon. This one to be precise.

That looks like it would bend on impact over a long period of time. It looks more like it's for prying or "Wrenching" than whacking.
But I've never seen it in real life.