Poll: Zac Efron as Light in 2011 Death Note Film!?

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Think about it though, if Death Note were to become a live action movie that would presumably be extremely dumbed down for American audiences, then only the movie would become the next Twilight and the holiness of the manga would stay untainted by the hands of preteen Twilight fangirls who most likely wouldn't get the manga anyway.
If the supposedly-leaked script is to be believed, then yes, it's been severely dumbed down. They even changed the names of the main characters.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758742/board/nest/145962152

I dunno if it's legitimate or not...

TheRealRocknRolla

Nov 23, 2009
I'm a pretty big Death Note fan and I could actually see Efron doing a really good job as Light. He already kind of has the look, and I could imagine him getting the attitude down as well.

Marv21

Jan 1, 2009
NO NO NO! If someone has a Death Note write the directors name in it...zac doesn't deserve to die, hes hungry for a role...the director is the one that needs to hit the bucket.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Hollywood is currently a load of bullshit. Americanization of most (read: ALL) movies, monopoly of film industry, financial rewards for truly useless actors who look even slightly attractive...

The only way to solve this is revolution...and I really don't see that happening. Sorry, but remember: regardless of how shit it is, it's your money. And I highly doubt any of the people who would see Death Note of their own free will (the fans) would not check the movie's reviews out before they shelled out cash.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
technoted said:
Mr.logic said:
technoted said:
fix-the-spade said:
technoted said:
great, first Akira, now this...
Live action Akira?

IMDB link or it didn't happen!
Please be joking Please be joking Please be joking Please be joking Please be joking Please be joking
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1134795/

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/102/1021972p1.html
have faith it has childer of men and iron mans director(s)behind it.
it's still a live action Akira, it will be shockingly bad
Out of interest, who wins the World Cup next year? I only ask so I can put all my money on it now. You clearly know the answer, having gone into the future with your time machine, and I can't believe you only used it to check on the success of a single movie.

Personally, I would have killed Mechazombie Mussolini before he started World War 3, but whatever, knowing a movies success is probably more important.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
Yeah I can see that! Light's not exactly a difficult character to act, and he's attractive enough to fill the role

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
Julianking93 said:
Think about it though, if Death Note were to become a live action movie that would presumably be extremely dumbed down for American audiences, then only the movie would become the next Twilight and the holiness of the manga would stay untainted by the hands of preteen Twilight fangirls who most likely wouldn't get the manga anyway.
If the supposedly-leaked script is to be believed, then yes, it's been severely dumbed down. They even changed the names of the main characters.

Hey, that was my thread I made that's linked on this one! That's where I got the script.

Trust me, I know that guy on IMDB, that's the real script. Its bullshit.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Julianking93 said:
DuplicateValue said:
Julianking93 said:

Hey, that was my thread I made that's linked on this one! That's where I got the script.

Really? Sorry I didn't know - it's been in my bookmarks for a few months now.

And that sucks...

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
-Zen- said:
While I don't look down on Zac Efron, I seriously doubt that he could pull off playing an absurdly brilliant teenager with a god complex.
This. I don't hate the guy, but.......well to be fair I'd like to see anyone pull off playing Light. But who knows, he might surprise us

=]

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
Julianking93 said:
DuplicateValue said:
Julianking93 said:

Really? Sorry I didn't know - it's been in my bookmarks for a few months now.

And that sucks...
Why are you sorry? I don't care, get more people to see the script. I'd like to hear what people think about it.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
He looks exactly like Light!
It might be a disaster, it might be a success, give the man a chance?

(As long as he doesn't break out in song xD)

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Why are you sorry? I don't care, get more people to see the script. I'd like to hear what people think about it.
Oh, I thought you meant that had already linked to it in this thread. It'd be odd if I linked you to something you'd already linked to, wouldn't it? :)

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
Chipperz said:
technoted said:
Mr.logic said:
technoted said:
fix-the-spade said:
technoted said:
great, first Akira, now this...
Live action Akira?

IMDB link or it didn't happen!
Please be joking Please be joking Please be joking Please be joking Please be joking Please be joking
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1134795/

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/102/1021972p1.html
have faith it has childer of men and iron mans director(s)behind it.
it's still a live action Akira, it will be shockingly bad
Out of interest, who wins the World Cup next year? I only ask so I can put all my money on it now. You clearly know the answer, having gone into the future with your time machine, and I can't believe you only used it to check on the success of a single movie.

Personally, I would have killed Mechazombie Mussolini before he started World War 3, but whatever, knowing a movies success is probably more important.
name one good adaptation from an anime/manga into a western live action

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
Julianking93 said:
Oh, I thought you meant that had already linked to it in this thread. It'd be odd if I linked you to something you'd already linked to, wouldn't it? :)
True, but I posted a link to [i/]my[/i] thread that had the script synopsis, not the IMDB link.

SpaceSpork

May 15, 2009
Julianking93 said:
spacerpg said:
Julianking93 said:
spacerpg said:
If Zac Efron can improve his acting a FRONKING lot by 2011, I support this. I mean, if he could actually pull off the role, it would be cool. Also, Rupert Grint should be L and Johnny Depp sholud be Ryuk.
Perhaps his acting could improve by then, but I highly doubt it. He'll always be the douchey teen idol to me.

Though I'm glad to see someone other than myself thinking Rupert Grint would be good as L, but what the fuck are you talking about Johnny Depp as Ryuk?
Remember Edward Scissorhands? If they change up the costume a little, maybe remove the scissor hands, whammo! You've got Ryuk! It could also be Tim Burton. If Tim Burton could act. I don't know.

Also, this is 2011! That's two years! Acting can improve within the span of two years.

Also, in 17 Again, he wasn't terrible. There was room for improvement, but it wasn't that bad. I can see him pulling off Light. If he practices at least 72 hours a week.
I...guess I see what you mean about Johnny Depp, but Ryuk is like 6'6. You know how tall Johnny Depp is?

5'8. I toward over him when I saw him at a red carpet premier. (I'm 6'1)

He's a short fucker. Plus, he doesn't have the voice to do it. It's gotta be someone with a voice like the guy in the anime.

Also, is this scheduled to start filming in 2011 or be released in 2011? Because if its planned on being released in 2011, then he's only got 1 year to bring his acting skills up to snuff.
Well, he could wear stilts or something. And they could use someone else's voice.