Poll: Zac Efron as Light in 2011 Death Note Film!?

Mr. Purple

May 1, 2008
I think it will be good. I mean he isnt a bad actor. He just became popular with the wrong crowd and is now hated for no reason/ over exploitation? And the nice Hollywood rendering of a great plot should prove to be interesting. :p

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
I'm not sure he could pull off that character very well, but then that's the sort of role I wouldn't expect very many younger actors to be able to do at all.

SpartainHawk

Mar 22, 2010
I love death note (as identified by my avatar) and I think that Zac Efron may do a half decent job as light, but there should not be a live action version of death note (if we go by the script mentioned at the top) As a death note fan, if this movie was made, I would protest it like DragonBall evolution. P.S. Why no Ryuk!?!?

thenoblitt

May 7, 2009
not gonna lie they look similar, but he is just a terrible actor, he wouldnt be able to play such a mastermind of a character

TRR

Jul 21, 2008
the fact that this movie will even be made just shows how little creativity there is in american film. I mean really. What percentage of movies made in america in the last ten years have been completely original?
Not to mention they are literally butchering Death Note. This is terrible, they've removed every single scrap of symbolism or meaning from it, and its been totally americanized to the point of utter filth.
Adding Zac Efron to the mix would probably cause some sort of black hole of horribleness.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
Isn't any Hollywood adaption a disaster waiting to happen?
The only similarity I can see with Light and Zac is that their hair looks the same SOMETIMES.
Can't honestly see him pulling that character off very well anyways

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
I didn't even like the japanese movies, which were much closer to the story than this and even had a pretty good L lookalike. I would laugh though if they put in HSM like songs. in that case i would watch it even if just for laughing at it.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
....So it was true. I will be honest, I have no idea about Death Note other than a few characters and the basic idea. I don´t want to get into it either because it looks quite...well deep.

But, I want this movie to do well, and I actually think Zac Efron, visually, is perfect casting because to me he looks scarily like Light. Hell I think he has potential to be a good actor if he goes into less innocent roles than he´s known for.

So I hope it all goes well, I really really do.

James Hueick

Feb 8, 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Why do they keep fucking this shit up... first Edward Pattinson as Kurt Cobain and now this.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
Julianking93 said:
theveryrealDarktalon said:
Julianking93 said:
I made a thread about this about a month ago. I had a quick synopsis of the confirmed script. It was absolute shit. They change Light's name to Luke and L never suspects Light (or Luke, sorry) of every being Kira.
What the hell? L suspecting Light is Kira is part of what makes their duel of wits so compelling. Has the scriptwriter even read the manga or was he just going off a synopsis he found on t'internet?
Apparently, he didn't because if he did, he wouldn't have changed the names of the main characters. There's a significant meaning to why Light is named Light.

The entire story is completely different. No Misa, no second or third Kiras, none of the parts with the company with a Death Note, no memory loss, no Mello, no Near, and you wanna know the worst part?

[b/]THEY TOOK OUT RYUK!!!![/b]
Right, tell me where the writer lives, I'll show him what happens when he messes with Ryuk...