POLLYANNA: An Animated Earthbound Tribute

Blue C Jeffrey

Mar 27, 2014
Earthbound spoilers ahoy!

<link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hVuv7mDNqM>POLLYANNA: An Animated Earthbound Tribute

Created by Sagan Yee!

I saw this on Nintendo's Facebook page and I wasn't sure what to expect.
After finishing up on it, though, I felt my stony heart grow just a bit warmer. I only played through Earthbound once at a friend's house, watching the creativity and silliness of the world unfold, and it made my mind wander for the rest of my childhood.

I wanted to go on grand adventures like the game and some movies I saw. I wanted to be a cowboy, a pirate, a space ranger, a hero, a guardian, and a curious explorer depending on the mood. Traveling through a forested area in my backyard with my brother and friends, imagining we were riding a pirate ship on wheels.

Nothing could stop us! We would ride our ship to greener pastures, discover new places, and enjoy our forever youthful lives!

Then the sun would set like it always does. We would say our good-byes, then my brother and I would head home. Even if our make-believe adventures took us to different places, home would always be where we left it. My parents would be there to ask us how our day went and hug us, no matter if the adventures had us go further away.

Even when I groaned at sunshine turning to dusk for the questing and day-saving, I never missed being with my family at the end of the day.

And that's why I main Ness on Super Smash Bros.

Hope you enjoy the video as much as I did!