DELETED

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, um, back to what this topic was originally about, how most of us seem to agree that the article's thesis is a stretch?

Well, I stumbled on this lovely nugget which makes similar leaps, and thought I'd share it with you.

Just remember kids. If you ever feel like you're not the brightest bulb on the tree, take heart in knowing that there's always someone stupider than you. And that they'll be paid for it.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Paw patrol is utter shite, ain't no weirdo over the age of 5 gonna defend that crime in good faith.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
So, um, back to what this topic was originally about, how most of us seem to agree that the article's thesis is a stretch?

Well, I stumbled on this lovely nugget which makes similar leaps, and thought I'd share it with you.

Just remember kids. If you ever feel like you're not the brightest bulb on the tree, take heart in knowing that there's always someone stupider than you. And that they'll be paid for it.
I think the whole thing with the mayor pisses me off the most about that article. So did they forget things like Powerpuff Girls where the mayor was old and white and even looked like Mr. Moneybags and he was also incompetent? A bumbling mayor is super common in children's shows, her being black has nothing to do with it.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I know parents who have complained that's there's only one token female dog in the main cast, that wears pink and doesn't do the gritty, hands on-stuff. Some have said their daughters (ages ~5-10) get told by boys in their peer groups that girls can't do X and can't do Y. They don't want TV shows reinforcing that.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Back on the subject of Star Wars, this was released as a followup.

It's better written, though I still disagree with most of it.

I know parents who have complained that's there's only one token female dog in the main cast, that wears pink and doesn't do the gritty, hands on-stuff. Some have said their daughters (ages ~5-10) get told by boys in their peer groups that girls can't do X and can't do Y. They don't want TV shows reinforcing that.
Okay, fair enough, but serious question - is the gender balance of a cast a problem in of itself? Because it's just as easy to find media where the gender balance goes the other way? Because there's no shortage of that either.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Okay, fair enough, but serious question - is the gender balance of a cast a problem in of itself? Because it's just as easy to find media where the gender balance goes the other way? Because there's no shortage of that either.
I think it's more part of a wider frustration with their daughters being bombarded by pink, rainbows, princesses and babies.

I know to many people this is eyeroll feminazi bullshit to many people, but they do think that it's important to see that their daughters have positive role models rather than a load of ineffectual, child-incubating wallflowers.