PopCap's Latest Was Designed By A 10-Year-Old

Gerhardt

May 21, 2010
Awesome. I'm planning on picking up an iPhone in a few months, I will definitely have to check this out. I like the fact that making this a free app will help to possible generate some donations toward cancer and lukemia research.

Stories like this though also make me a bit nervous what with the whole EA buying out Popcap. I hope kotick keeps his grubby mitts away from such a great team of people.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Glad to hear this come to fruition- I remember reading about this when it was just in it's planning stages.

Good on Popcap.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wow, popcap sure is weird. They came out of nowhere, makes crazy addictive games that are actually good, and they're really nice. Who are these people and how can they be so good??

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
orangeapples said:
well, glad to see that EA hasn't corrupted the simplicity of PopCap...
I sense a "yet" there in your ellipsis.

OT: Seriously, that's pretty cool, and the game actually looks fun. Gotta love PopCap, and i really do hope EA doesn't defile them.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
PopCap: the nicest drug dealers you will ever meet. Now shut up and go click at sun balls for six hours.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
I would get it for my iPhone, but thankfully I own a good smart phone. So I will have to wait until there's an Android or PC version of this game out.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
ios? Eek. Well, anyway, it seems the sad slippery slope:

This is the only way to get innovation into the industry nowadays. Many, many people have what they think is an epic idea, but if you haven't cracked into the industry, good luck!

Tron Paul

Dec 11, 2009
Hoping that:
A. This will be released on PC. (Not everyone wants to spend money on super expensive smartphones or their plans)
B. A full game will be made based on the popularity of this one. With part of the profits going to Make a Wish and other organizations.

Gerhardt

May 21, 2010
Monoochrom said:
Gerhardt said:
Awesome. I'm planning on picking up an iPhone in a few months, I will definitely have to check this out. I like the fact that making this a free app will help to possible generate some donations toward cancer and lukemia research.

Stories like this though also make me a bit nervous what with the whole EA buying out Popcap. I hope kotick keeps his grubby mitts away from such a great team of people.
*facepalm*

Kotick is Activision, not EA.

Anyway, nice going there PopCap. Don't have any Apple Products though, so I guess I won't be seeing this Game any time soon.

wow, yeah >< embarrassing.... I get those two confused, still the hear of what I was going for remains.

Yeah... sorry... I'll just go slam my head in a door now.