Popular bands that you don't like?

Aws

Aug 1, 2009
Blubberburg said:
Totally agree Kings of Leon could be good if it wasnt for the singer, in face i agree with basically all the posts so far

Jonny Cash and Elvis, it seems like people are forced to say they are good even if they havent heard them before but i just dont get it. They just, lame
Yeah I'd have to agree with Elvis. I feel like i'm at a funeral when I hear his songs.

kenne88

Nov 17, 2009
WafflesandBacon593 said:
[sub] im first to say this.....[/sub]
[HEADING=1]JONAS BROS.[/HEADING]
they need to stop with the Teenie poppy music it SUCKS
i give you my full on suport for that statemant

StonkThis

Aug 12, 2009
Metallica, basically any metal, the new stuff by Green Day, anything poppy or rap. Oh, and I despise Mister Gaga...

kenne88

Nov 17, 2009
Aws said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Nickelback. Here's why:
Oh man. I like Nickelback cause they're easy on the ears...
oh man soft rock like nickelback sucks. you need to listen to some better music like metallica, slipknot, or better yet... DETHKLOK

kenne88

Nov 17, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
How about most bands of today, mostly those who play rap and metal.

I only like Rock-and-Roll and sad-sounding songs.
that makes you sound very emo except for the part where you said you hate metal therfore tyhe metal gods shall smite you down to the ground

kenne88

Nov 17, 2009
StonkThis said:
Metallica, basically any metal, the new stuff by Green Day, anything poppy or rap. Oh, and I despise Mister Gaga...
how dare you ignore the metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nadlice

Jun 3, 2009
kenne88 said:
Aws said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Nickelback. Here's why:
oh man soft rock like nickelback sucks. you need to listen to some better music like metallica, slipknot, or better yet... DETHKLOK
kenne88 said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
How about most bands of today, mostly those who play rap and metal.

I only like Rock-and-Roll and sad-sounding songs.
that makes you sound very emo except for the part where you said you hate metal therfore tyhe metal gods shall smite you down to the ground
kenne88 said:
StonkThis said:
how dare you ignore the metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Please don't be a metal troll. Just don't do it. Accept that you like a genre that most people don't know much about or like. Also, while your at it, try to accept that other genres can have musical value.

That being said, I hate Nickelback, and find many things easier listening then them. Like Cake. Or Overkill.

Shruikine

Oct 11, 2009
Oooooooooooooh god, too many to count. But:
Kings of Leon - All songs sound the same
Metallica - All songs sound the same
Daft Punk - My friend won't shut up about them. All songs sound the same.
And many more.

Rock 'n' Soul

Nov 15, 2009
Paramore. Panic at the Disco. Family Force 5. Fall Out Boy <--shit that falls into that category

And I'm not really a fan of rap music. Especially not Soulja Boy.

Although, this will always be a favorite....

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
kenne88 said:
Aws said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Nickelback. Here's why:
I started to type "DETHKLOK" into the search bar on youtube before I realized it didn't have to be in all caps. -_-

Also: is there anyone else that likes some songs in all genres, because it seems like theres only extremists here. I mean, I have specific genres that I think produce more quality music than others, but I have favorites songs in all the genres I can think of.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I really don't care for Fall Out Boy, or Theory of a Deadman. I find that Theory has the "every song sounds EXACTLY the same" virus, and Fall Out Boy is just really unoriginal - seriously, pop punk was never a very interesting genre in the first place, but there is NOTHING more you can do with it without sounding boring and repetitive. Green Day's last album was also a steaming pile of shit - they literally tried to write American Idiot AGAIN, and it totally failed.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Popularity and quality are almost entirely unrelated. Hell, quality and how much you like something are almost just as unrelated. A band doesn't become worse or better just because it's popular.

I don't think there's anyone who likes all popular music, precisely because of that. Even if your taste largely overlaps with the stuff that's popular, there's bound to be a lot of stuff that you don't like as well. If there is any sign that someone has no taste it's that they like anything that's popular. But, as I said, just because something is popular doesn't mean it's bad either.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
DSEZ said:
please dont kill me for this but i never liked pink floyd
*Grabs gun, fires 4 shots into your face*

Yeah, it's all good. Floyd really aren't for everybody, to be honest.