Popular bands that you don't like?

Aws

Aug 1, 2009
I gotta say I can't stand The Beatles.

Yeah I know they influenced alot of todays music but I just find them depressing. Nothing about them is appealing to me.

I can't stand to listen to their music, watch any shows about them, buy anything associated with them...

EDIT: Maybe I should have phrased the title better but I meant iconic bands/musicians i.e. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin etc.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Popular bands? JLS. But then again, I'm not in their target audience so that doesn't really count

Define popular and then I'll get back to you.

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
[sub] im first to say this.....[/sub]
[HEADING=1]JONAS BROS.[/HEADING]
they need to stop with the Teenie poppy music it SUCKS

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
I'm tempted to just say "ALL" & call it a night; 90% of all popular music nowadays just annoys the hell out of me.

But if I had to pick one I'd say Jonas as well.

Meark

Oct 24, 2009
I echo HardRockSamurai. I can't stand Nickelback or the other bands at 604 records.

And i'm from Vancouver.

egwidalin

May 8, 2009
I know for a fact im going to get a lot of criticism here, but me and my friend cannot figure out why the band Led Zeppelin is as big as they are. They wrote good music, yes. But to us it doesnt seem like they did anything out of the ordinary. They're good, but overrated.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Kings of Leon. The singer always sounds so depressed and it just makes their music less enjoyable to me, which is a shame because I like most of their songs up until the vocals come in.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Jonas Brothers, Green Day, U2 (just because of Bono's egotistical @$$), and Fallout Boy. They just suck the enjoyment out of music.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
WafflesandBacon593 said:
that *points arrow up*

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Also i hate bands that are all based about love, i like it when they actully have meaning, like im listing to fort minor, Mike shinoda's spin off band from Linkin park. I know Linkin park gets hate but i like them. Better than all that " I LOVE YYYYOOOOOOUUUUU!!!!" god shut up.

Blubberburg

Sep 17, 2009
Totally agree Kings of Leon could be good if it wasnt for the singer, in face i agree with basically all the posts so far

Jonny Cash and Elvis, it seems like people are forced to say they are good even if they havent heard them before but i just dont get it. They just, lame

Death on Trapezoids

Nov 19, 2009
WafflesandBacon593 said:
thanks to these, ummmm... (can I swear?) less than stellar musicians, "you sound like a girl" is no longer an insult on xbox live

Aws

Aug 1, 2009
egwidalin said:
I know for a fact im going to get a lot of criticism here, but me and my friend cannot figure out why the band Led Zeppelin is as big as they are. They wrote good music, yes. But to us it doesnt seem like they did anything out of the ordinary. They're good, but overrated.
I think it's cause they're one of the pioneers of heavy metal.

At the time their music was unique in the music industry.