Popular games you hate/can't get in to?

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
Stalker, I didn't enjoy a single moment of it.
The shooting mechanics sucked, using iron sights is useless, the mission tracking was broken, Multiplayer doesn't work. I hated it.

Oktanas

Apr 16, 2009
all modern shooters especialy with cover system they are so cheap and slow
all multiplayer games that gives you a map makes 2 teams and forces to kill each other they are playn stupid (COD, CS, league of legends...)

Laharlsblade

Jan 11, 2010
Call of Duty. Because I've already played an FPS. And that's all it is. There is nothing special about it, nothing to set it apart from any of the others except an un-explainably large fanbase. Oh, and the kill streak rewards are a horrible idea that only serve to unbalance the matches even further by giving the best player an even bigger advantage and making it even harder for anyone else to get anywhere near them.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

It's a good game, and I do like it but I can't ever get into it.

ADeskofRichMahogany

Jan 4, 2010
Modern Warfare and its sequel. And its "expansion", World at War.

The single player story for MW1 was quite good, but I don't like the new multiplayer structure. The level up system makes multiplayer less of a casual thing to do on the side and more of a day job.

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
Red dead redemption. Don't get me wrong it's a really good game but nothing about it makes me say "oh my gawd I have to play more" that distracts me from MW2 or or my pc.

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
I really don't enjoy RTS games that much, I can never get into them and can't play more than 3 games in a row at any time. The only RTS game i have really enjoyed was Command & Conquer: Generals, because you could play as terrorists and build fifty "Scud Storms" (missile platforms) and bomb the crap out of the enemies.

Never really got into Halo or Call of Duty either. They are just too samey and bland. They are fun if you are always playing with buddies though.

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
Alon Shechter said:
Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Wars
Halo Reach
Halo Peanut butter
How could you not like Halo Peanut Butter!?!? The graphics are so lifelike and....seriously? You did not like Halo Peanut Butter. It is by far the best in the series. Damn it. I can't even talk to you anymore.

[sub]P.S. it is 1 o'clock in the morning and I have had a few.[/sub]

Jebusetti

Jan 12, 2010
MGS4 controlled like a broken truck, Starcraft is too simplistic, and as for most j-anythings, i can only hope that one day my fellow nerds will grow out of their blind love for all things japanese and start looking at the actual quality of these games/movies/whatever.

Oh, and the Bad Company spinoff series for battlefield can suck my salty nut. Give me a REAL battlefield sequel already.

TheGameXXVII

Feb 1, 2010
World of Warcraft.

around 1 Hour in i got soooo fucking bored, i just couldn't be bother with anymore walking around in the same town doing the same missions for the same people.

i didn't even get 1 day out of my 2 week free trial, as i uninstalled it after an hour.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Any final fantasy installment, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex and Half-Life

Mostly Harmless

Aug 11, 2008
Pokemon anything
I just so ungodly repetitive and mind numbing to me. And the Pokemon just got stupid after the first 150.

Wishpig

May 27, 2010
Bioshock... I loved the concept and look... but dammit I thought the game-play sucked! I thought it was clumsy, awkward, and dammit being killed by a big daddy over and over and over just isn't fun.

karpiel

Apr 18, 2008
In additional to the usual suspects (all console FPSes), I'm gonna have to go with Crysis. I don't think I'd ever seen a company use so much to make so little as when crytek made that. That, and the somehow didn't get the memo that the non-human enemies were the worst part of the vastly superior Far Cry. Crysis 2 is going to be garbage.

Thelonesun

Mar 14, 2010
Halo is... mediocre. I only play it with friends, and since none of us have a 360, we have to wait until a friend comes over.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Alon Shechter said:
Halo Reach
So you hate/can't get into a game that hasn't even been released yet huh?

I'd have to say The Orange Box

Portal was good if not quite as brilliant and funny as everyone says
Half Life 2 was tedious
Team Fortress 2,well I can see why people would enjoy it but try as I might I just could never get into it.Maybe it's the fact that it's multiplayer only?

Andrew Whitaker

Jun 2, 2010
Spells of Gold. You start off as a trader carting the same stuff to the same places over and over again with no incentive to carry on, other than the fact that eventually the game will pick up. Not to mention the monsters you need to kill before you can start travelling can take off around half of your health.
I remember reading in a walkthrough that you had to make a certain vast amount of gold and meet a few other pre-requisites before the game let you get to the interesting stuff, which meant travelling to the same towns over and over again. Needless to say I gave up before I got to the interesting stuff.

okiness

Apr 29, 2010
Final Fantasy 7. I don't hate it, I was in the fandom for years (yes, I tried that hard D: ) I just...can't get into it. Can't beat it (just don't want to). So uh...yea. Oh, Fallout 3 too. I don't think I've hated many popular games, just couldn't get into them.