Pork Pushers Protest Sale of Unicorn Meat

doctorwhofan

Mar 20, 2009
ThinkGeek also apologized for the long, awkward pause in the conversation when it explained to the Pork Board over the telephone that unicorn meat doesn't actually exist.

That line says it all. Glad I gave thinkgeek alot of my cash...Good on them!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
...seriously?

haha ironically I just read the other day on Yahoo News about the pork company with said slogan was actually considering a change of slogan (cuz they felt it was outdated and had already out-served its purpose)

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
ThinkGeek also apologized for the long, awkward pause in the conversation when it explained to the Pork Board over the telephone that unicorn meat doesn't actually exist.

They just gave unicorn meat so much free advertising. In fact public perception of unicorn meat has now doubt improved thanks to articles like this one.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
ShadowsofHope said:
Silly Pork Pushers, Unicorns don't exist. And even if they did, you'd have to deal with those pesky Minotaurs first. (Cookie for the game reference)

..Though on a serious note, no third party outside of this called how fucking retarded this lawsuit is, considering the basis of it? My faith in Humanity's sanity just went down a little, again.
Haha that's from Oblivion. I never understood why they were guarding the unicorn. I figured they would be trying to kill it and eat it.

But honestly this whole lawsuit is a complete joke. People seem to be suing each over over absolutely anything these days. Like how that one woman sued Google over walking directions that got her hit by a car.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
So...
If this case is any inclination...
The world isn't ready for my Kentucky Fried Phoenix....

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I could make a joke about some of their products having escaped, got dressed up in business suits, and assumed control of the company/conglomerate. But that would be too easy, so I'll just say this: The Pork People sued somebody over unicorn meat. Nothing could ever surpass this, this is the ultimate punch line; "hey, at least they didn't sue because of unicorn meat,.."
Truly we live in a great world. Now excuse me, I'll go drink myself half to death. Hopefully I'll forget I ever saw this and retain a bit of faith in humanity...

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
The real world amuses and concerns me. I would have loved to be on the party line for that phone call.

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
"ThinkGeek also apologized for the long, awkward pause in the conversation when it explained to the Pork Board over the telephone that unicorn meat doesn't actually exist."

bahahaha, I can just imagine that.
"Um... you do know that... unicorns don't exist, right...?"

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
My faith in humanity is steadily going south with the influx of things like these.

I mean, the Pork Board must be populated entirely by drug addicts and idiots if they panicked over unicorn meat, thought it was a real product and sent a cease and desist letter to a company for a product released on the first of April.

Michael826

Aug 17, 2009
LostTimeLady said:
Oh... dear... is all I can really say to that (or should it be oh unicorn?).
It makes me laugh that this was taken so seriously when unicorns don't (to our knowledge) exist. I know copyright infringment is a bad thing but this is equivilent to Rowntree's fruit gums taking action against the Goodies (old UK TV show ask you're parents if you're under the age of twenty) for infringement on the slogon 'Goodie, Goodie gum gum'. Or visa vera, I can't remember which came first, 'Goodie, Goodie yum, yum' or 'Goodie, Goodie, gum gum'. Very silly.
And thus ends my tortured metaphore/reference.

I'm 17 & i think The Goodies are amazing:D

OT: This is hilarious. i don't even really know what to say. Just, wow. Unicorn Meat. I suppose i have 2 questions:
a) is it nutritious?

b) does it have healing qualities?

Seriously, i don't know how they could've thought it was real. I also don't know who would confuse pork with unicorn meat.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Uh, I dunno. Must be the farmer seeping into me from the air of my hometown but I understand the pork guys. Ohwell. Not going to worry too much about it. If they win, that's great, if unicorn meat keeps its slogan, that's A-okay with me, too. I can't pick sides on this issue for some weird reason.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Some people are absolutely ridiculous. The copyright laws are there to protect people from having others unjustly take their work and prevent them from making a profit with it- not so that major corporations can sue others who are hosting a fictional add for a made up product.