Pork Pushers Protest Sale of Unicorn Meat

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
some people know a joke when they see one, other people need a good hard smack... we all know which is which in this situation...

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Femaref said:
Baldr said:
Satire is never protected under free speech, however parody is under copyright law, however this is not a copyright issue, but a trademark issue... If a consumer can confuse the product whether be parody or not, then there is a legal case.
Somebody really thinking that unicorns are killed and processed for meat also thinks that welsh dragon sausages are made from welsh dragons.
Thats why the Welsh Dragon population is dwindling, this barbarity needs to stop, there's a delicate ecosystem of Dragon's and Disney Heroes (its called the food chain people!), if we carry on farming Welsh Dragons we'll be over run with Knights in Armour. Is that what you want?

Kudos to Root for this Epic find.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Hur Dur, that unicorn meat is stealing my business dur. Some people are just really really stupid.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Femaref said:
Baldr said:
Satire is never protected under free speech, however parody is under copyright law, however this is not a copyright issue, but a trademark issue... If a consumer can confuse the product whether be parody or not, then there is a legal case.
Somebody really thinking that unicorns are killed and processed for meat also thinks that welsh dragon sausages are made from welsh dragons.
It's not real dragon?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bastards!

Ahh well... then again, it makes me happy.
Since the alternative is Spotted Dick.

God I hope that's not made with real.....

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
"ThinkGeek also apologized for the long, awkward pause in the conversation when it explained to the Pork Board over the telephone that unicorn meat doesn't actually exist."

ROFL! XD

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Wait. Unicorns aren't real? First the Tooth Fairy, and now this! Next they'll be telling me Leprechauns don't exist either.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Thank heavens this crisis has been averted. For a moment there, I thought I may purchase less pork in future as a result of this April Fools joke.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
squid5580 said:
SilentHunter7 said:
squid5580 said:
Dammit I was going to use that slogan for my canned Soylent Green
Well, in that case, I think you'll just get accused of racism.
Why? Black pigs still make white meat.
Well, since Soylent Green is people, if you call it a white meat, other ethnic groups might be offended you didn't include them. ;)

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Wait, unicorn meat isn't real?

What the hell have I been eating this whole time?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
SilentHunter7 said:
squid5580 said:
SilentHunter7 said:
squid5580 said:
Dammit I was going to use that slogan for my canned Soylent Green
Well, in that case, I think you'll just get accused of racism.
Why? Black pigs still make white meat.
Well, since Soylent Green is people, if you call it a white meat, other ethnic groups might be offended you didn't include them. ;)
Well they should know that we are all the same color when coming out of the business end of a meat grinder.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Pork, delectable as it is, does not contain sparkles. Make of that what you will.

I can just imagine this conversation happening at a board meeting.

"Okay, our first order of business: Henry, would you stop injecting opium rectally and listen for a second? Okay. Now that we're all listening, I'd like to inform you that we are being made fools of by the unicorn industry."

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
?

Really? Are these people serious?

Since when should ThinkGeek apologize for a harmless joke, let alone a parody of a well known slogan? I can recall almost ten other variations of it that people have used. What the hell?