Port of Dark Souls Prepares PC Gamers for Death

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Could I ask, in all seriousness, what's wrong with GFWL? I've only ever played one game (Age of Empires Online) through it, and it seemed to work pretty well. Does it get screwy with single-player games?

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Why do console players always demand to get the extra content after we have to wait sometimes YEARS for the games to even be considered for a terrible port? You already bought the game, this is like asking for a free Ipod because they came out with a new one and it's not fair other people get a newer one.

On topic though... I'm really glad I held off buying this for the PS3. I've been extremely tempted to go out and pick this up, but the possibility of a PC version always held me back. Lets hope they tweak the graphics a little higher too.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Braedan said:
Why do console players always demand to get the extra content after we have to wait sometimes YEARS for the games to even be considered for a terrible port? You already bought the game, this is like asking for a free Ipod because they came out with a new one and it's not fair other people get a newer one.
It's a nice gesture. When we bought the PS3 and 360 versions of the game, we funded your ability to play a PC version. The Ipod comparison doesn't really work because it's not a new game, it's a port.

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
Several reactions:

1. How quick are the load times after death? This can be quite frustrating.

2. GFWL?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game should be named

Dark Souls: Prepare to [server error number 6675636b20796f75] Games For Windows Live will now terminate. Do you want to send an error report? [ ]yes [x]no

(screw it, I'll just try some new mods for skyrim)

3. X3 is a pretty little toy but not particularly challenging...

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
Valagetti said:
So its official.... holy shit!!! I'll just step outside and see if the three horsemen are knocking on my door.
What happened to the fourth?

Anyway: Gods I hate GFWL. I'd be giving this game a go if it wasn't for that.
Same here. GFWL has made it basically impossible for me to play Dawn of War 2 anymore despite havin it on Steam because there is somethin, and I have no clue what, that doesn't allow me to activate the damn game anymore. I refuse to support any developer that puts that pile of fail on their product no matter how much I want their game.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
I may actually buy this ... just to beat it again.

When in doubt, choose Pyromancer and master key :D

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Marshall Honorof said:
Could I ask, in all seriousness, what's wrong with GFWL? I've only ever played one game (Age of Empires Online) through it, and it seemed to work pretty well. Does it get screwy with single-player games?
Well I've heard plenty of people say it has outright deleted saves in Fallout 3 and Arkham City and plenty of people have had massive connection issues in multiplayer games. Considering how Dark Souls works it looks like we will have the best of both worlds with deleting saves and connection issues. In case you can't tell I signed the petition to get it removed.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
this sums up my reaction perfectly,

[video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2H-ZNfhxbs [video/]

valipunctro

Nov 9, 2011
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!this is beautiful.
i dont even have a ps3 but i own demons s souls
thats the level of commitment u get from PC gamers

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
grigjd3 said:
[server error number 6675636b20796f75]
*flips through service manual*

Ah yes, "Invocation Error: 'The 999 Words of Supplication to the Unspeakable Eldritch Horror'. Chaos Unbound. Death Is The Only Mercy."

Then there's server error number 5975633d44192a64

"Server undergoing 'case of the mondays'."

and server error number 1364313e88160a11

"Motherfucking SNAKES!"

as well as server error number 1364313e88160a12

"Seriously, fucking SNAKES!"

but best off all is server error number 9110001a91101a01

"Technician trapped in server cabinet. Call Emergency Services."

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I love Steam, I hate Origin and I'm kinda indifferent towards GFWL... yeah, it's inconvenient beyond relief, but it's also not annoying for me... unless I want to play multiplayer or import my saves to another computer... but until then, I really don't mind GFWL.

I can't wait.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
I would buy this game for any and every platform ever, because I love it that much, but not enough to endure Games for Windows Live.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Lethos said:
Braedan said:
It's a nice gesture. When we bought the PS3 and 360 versions of the game, we funded your ability to play a PC version. The Ipod comparison doesn't really work because it's not a new game, it's a port.
Of course it's a nice gesture, but when people start demanding things it looks less like a nice gesture, and more like throwing bread to peasants to make them go away. It would be great if they announced that they were giving it away to the other platforms, but you can't get angry when they don't.

Ok, Ipod one was out. This is like demanding all the free DLC when they release a GOTY edition.

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
RhombusHatesYou said:
grigjd3 said:
[server error number 6675636b20796f75]
*flips through service manual*

Ah yes, "Invocation Error: 'The 999 Words of Supplication to the Unspeakable Eldritch Horror'. Chaos Unbound. Death Is The Only Mercy."

Then there's server error number 5975633d44192a64

"Server undergoing 'case of the mondays'."

and server error number 1364313e88160a11

"Motherfucking SNAKES!"

as well as server error number 1364313e88160a12

"Seriously, fucking SNAKES!"

but best off all is server error number 9110001a91101a01

"Technician trapped in server cabinet. Call Emergency Services."
The statement is more interesting if you look up the conversion (to string) of the hexidecimal I provided. Just don't take it as me to you, rather my presumption of what MS is telling us.