Portal 2 ARG Unleashes Flood of Concept Art

Invariel

The Wizard That Did It
Apr 10, 2009
V TheSystem V said:
Invariel said:
The 10th image of the Aperture series has two typos in the text. Intentional? Good show, Valve.
That image had 3 typos. Tomorrow had an extra 'M', and too had only one 'O'. Aperture Science had an extra A. Two of them needed to cut down on half of the overused letters, one had to put in a letter.
Extra 'm' in "tomorrow", check.
Extra 'a' in "Aperture", check.
"companies" should be "company's" (possessive, not plural.)
"its" should be "it's" (contraction, not possessive.)
Missing 'o' in "too", check. [Edited in.]
Extra 'a' in "Aperture", again.

That's five six now.

(And there is that extra 'o' in too. Not sure how I missed it this time around... I'll go edit that in.)

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Some of that box art is waaay better than the actual design.

I'm fond of image 21 and image 1.

Anything that shows off the core gameplay mechanics in a very minimalist way. I've never liked the whole floating, slightly transparent head approach to box art, glad they didn't go that way.

Had to refresh the bloody captcha about six times before I got one that was legible.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Y'know, some (Note: some, definitely not all) of those box art designs are way better then what they ending up going to with.

Also, I strongly approve of tank-top Chell.

Just saying.

May 5, 2010
Wieke said:
That is one giant chicken!
Yeah, I saw that too. I really hope there's a giant chicken in the final game.

castlewise said:
Just an FYI. A lot of these images contain secret second images which you can find using photoshop. Those images are of various locations in Seattle. People found the locations IRL and when you map all of them out using google maps it (mostly) spells the word PRELUDE. Thats actually what the state of the ARG is at the time of writing.
Wow, really? Jesus, that's impressive. The only people crazier then the guys who come up with this stuff is the people who figure it all out.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
I'm happy with the one they went with, I felt the others didn't quite reflect the game properly - I have yet to play the game of course, my info is based on trailers, teasers and the original Portal game.
Some of them, especially the retro-futuristic ones, would make nice collectors editions tho for those that already know about the Portal 'Verse and would just like a pretty cover.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I tabbed into the pictures by clicking on the first Box art (many of those are distinctly better than the official box art, btw) and saw that it said 1 of 30. I said "ooh 30 Pictures in total. Not bad, Not bad at all!"

Then I realized that first slide-show was for Box Art only O_O

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
With all those awesome box arts to choose from, how could they pick the one they did???

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
An Aperture scientist with an afro? I just hope we get to meet that guy!

King_Serpent

GUY YOU DON'T KNOW
Jul 12, 2010
The giant chickens are obviously the main component in constructing portal guns. As we all learned from Bionic Commando a organic brain is the only way to get electronics to work. (Robots made the same way). So simple.

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
Just an observation from the concept art for Chell, it seems like several of them have a lot more cybernetics around the legs than before; anyone else reckon that the reason why the player couldn't move at the end of the first game is now taking on a darker meaning?

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Is it weird that some of this unused cover art is making me optimistic about the game itself? Getting this awesome 60's retro-future feel. Reminds me of 2001.