Portal 2 - Is it REALLY worth it?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it's not quite on par with Portal, but sure as hell is worth it.
And if money is tight give it a rent, then buy a later discount version.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Worth Every Penny!

The Portal 2 writers had discipline . The game is exactly as long as the story and gameplay can support. It would literally be a worse game if it were any longer.

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
You have a girlfriend who expects you to reserve funds so she can buy more shoes?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I think that Portal 2 was a huge improvement from Portal, so if you liked the first one, I would say it's worth it, but if you're planning to get it on PC, you could wait for a while, the price will drop. During Christmas I can almost give you a guarantee that it will drop 50% or maybe even 75%. If your money is low, wait for that, it's good, but you wont get a fulfilling life just because you have it.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Apparently it is. That is what my crafts teacher keeps saying. I just don't want to spend 60 dollars on it. I have heard it blows Portal 1 out of the water it is that good.

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
yes buy it
if anyhting, wait for steam sale. You probly wont have much time to play it if you have a baby about

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
If I had had a choice of an oxygen tank or Portal 2 while I'm on life support..

I'd choose the oxygen tank.
But Portal 2 would come damn close.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
I have portal 1 but I haven't bought 2
but a friend brought it round
we then played it for 10 hours
completing both the main storyline and co-op
because we simply couldnt stop playing

it's an incredible game
and a very funny one at that
even though i've basically completed all of it, i'm still considering buying it myself
thats how good it is

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
yes, it might be a bit expensive at first for a 12 hour game, single and coop, but valve has already announced free DLC for this summer on all plataforms.

I got it for the pc for 30 euros and i think it was money that was well spent when i look at the current games that have been released

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
JaffaFrost said:
Sandytimeman said:
if you don't like portal two then I'm going to come to your house and burn it down with combustible lemons.
Win points, lots for you.

Also I am disappointed no one responded with "Yeah! burning people! hes saying what we are all thinking!

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Good game, I got it, I am pleased. You'll probably like it too.

oh, awesome captcha right here

redeve scientific

lol

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I'm not a Valve fan.

I didn't like L4D, L4D2 and TF2.

I don't like first person games in general.

I've stated the above three lines to illustrate why the following statement is significant.

Portal 2 is the best game I've played in years. One of the best games I've played in my life. It has amazing sound, brilliant visual design, excellent writing... If there is a category of judging a game, this game nails it. It is a polished piece work into which a lot of time and effort was invested and everyone should play it. Everyone. Even your dog. If you don't have a dog, get one and have him play it.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I've played it a friends house seen the endings and what happens.

Yes it is.

But I'm going to wait until steam has a sale in like two weeks. X3

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
She might appreciate the co-op mode?

Either way, fantastic game, really absorbing and you can probably finish it before she murders you.