Portal 2 Review

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Portal 2 Review

The indie darling returns in a AAA sequel, but is it still good enough for science?

Read Full Article

cubikill

Apr 9, 2009
Thank you for the review, for science!
This is about what i expected, great but not amazing, i will still be picking this up, for science!

Metcarfre

Nov 20, 2008
Queue immediate complaints that you 'didn't really play it' because this was the 360 version.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Saw the video and the review. I am excited, hoping that the ARG for Steam pays off all in the name of SCIENCE!
As for the game, I'll just have to play it myself. Can't wait though.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Good enough for me. Can't wait to pick it up in the morning. Have yet to be let down by Valve.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
I must ask, why review the 360 version of the game when its a primarily PC version, or even the new PS3 version to see how it stacks up?

OT: I expected the loading times thing because it happens with every Valve game

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
You use the term 'indie' a lot when describing Portal.

Portal isn't an indie game nor a 'pseudo-indie' game. In fact it was made by one of the largest studios in the PC market.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
About what I expected; it was always going to be difficult to try and make a fully fledged game of this.

Could you, or someone else, please go into a little more detail about the co-op mode. You seem to be hinting that it's the best bit of the game, but don't really talk about it.

Ima842

Jan 8, 2011
I'm going to pick this up when I have the money. I was hoping that the levels could be a little more difficult than the first one.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Staring at the count down, 18 minutes left at this time I'm posting. HURRY UP. (for SCIIEEENCE)

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
So they made the puzzles easier, eh, that statement alone has pretty well curbed my enthusiasm for this new installment.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Zenode said:
I must ask, why review the 360 version of the game when its a primarily PC version, or even the new PS3 version to see how it stacks up?

OT: I expected the loading times thing because it happens with every Valve game
Judge a product by its weakest link, this case being the 360 version.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
ZiggyE said:
You use the term 'indie' a lot when describing Portal.

Portal isn't an indie game nor a 'pseudo-indie' game. In fact it was made by one of the largest studios in the PC market.
Valve doesn't have a publisher, that's what an independent studio is. A studio, that is not dependent on a publisher.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well, 2 more days for me to wait because for some reason the rest of the world still doesnt get theese games at least at the same time as America.

Iron Lightning said:
So they made the puzzles easier, eh, that statement alone has pretty well curbed my enthusiasm for this new installment.
Theres bound to be a challenge mode. Valve wouldnt leave that out would they?

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Aw, what? The puzzles are easier? That's horribly, horribly disappointing, especially since the first one was already really easy. I'm picking it up in two hours as it is, but that's sad news to hear before doing so.

And just a note, the constant "SCIENCE!" in the video review was cute at first, but then it rapidly got a bit annoying. Maybe spread it out a bit next time.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
SCIENCE!

I'm looking forward to it, I am.

On a side note, is that a potato attached to the portal gun? Heh.