Portal 2 Toolset Allows Users to Become Crueler Than GLaDOS

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Da_Schwartz said:
Very VERY cool. Unfortunatley i don't have that kind of free time. I imagine building a test chamber could get a bit....involved.
Seconded. I've got a fair few ideas for some awesome chambers, but don't have the time or effort or patience to actually crate them.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Hmm... I wonder if people will accept a bunch of crappy levels I make if I say that they're test chambers made by you-know-who.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Hmm... I wonder if people will accept a bunch of crappy levels I make if I say that they're test chambers made by you-know-who.
As long as you put the word "TEST" On every wall :p

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
I'm going to see this going "Boom" then fizzling away like a firecracker.

A defective one at that.

Because I didn't buy Portal 2 for the puzzles. All that was done in Portal 1. There wasn't a lot more different you could have done and it really wasn't all that different. The goop just really added a horizontal portal boost and a trampoline. (well... )

But I know that I won't be jumping up and down for the next Mario World 1-1 Portal 2 style.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Duskflamer said:
mjc0961 said:
That was the first thing I jotted down in my list of things to put in my level. ;)

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Duskflamer said:
mjc0961 said:
That was the first thing I jotted down in my list of things to put in my level. ;)
ooh~ and use those turret/cube hybrids if they're available, include those two things in stupidly simple puzzles and I at least would have no problem blaming them on our favorite spherical pal.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
mjc0961 said:
...Voldemort? *brick'd*

OT: Sounds fun, but I've seen flash games with level editors before and I could never come up with good puzzles for them. Though if anyone does make some good ones, think Valve would hire them?

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
I can't way for some of the maps which are gonna need millisecond precision, its kinda what I craved from Portal 2.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Here's what you can expect from user-created maps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKU28WErq2U

Hell, that probably deserves it's own abstract.

shiaramoon

LRR Stalkin'
Feb 1, 2011
nukethetuna said:
Ah, the Blizzard method of letting fans add longevity/fix perceived issues with your game.
Brilliant, couldn't have said it better myself. Afterall, what are addons for? rofl

OT: I do hope they have some kind of rating system in that will help to separate the wheat from the chaff. I hate having to sort through for the good ones...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Looking forward to this! I'm wondering if it'll be possible to get Left 4 Dead 2's weather effects into Portal 2 maps... imagine running through a dilapidated, shadowy testing course partially exposed to a thunderstorm.

Zenode said:
I laughed.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hellooooooo, replay value! Jack is ready to receive this form of awesomeness!

Now, someone show me how to get it.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
VondeVon said:
D'Oh! Downloaded but won't run.
I have the same problem. Downloaded the Authoring Tools, and Source SDK for good measure, punched up the Tools... nothing. It just fizzled out and set my Steam status back to Online.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Just a notice, the toolset apparently doesn't work on XP. They said they'll be looking into it tomorrow morning.