Portal Turret Egg Cup Gives Breakfast a Scientific Flavor

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
Well, you don't have to necessarily draw the red eye on every egg, you could bend some more wire and a red thing then place the egg in for a similar effect that would take less time overall.
And this is awesome.

Femaref

May 4, 2008
GrizzlerBorno said:
Femaref said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Come on, Join in. There's no fun in being the Eggception.....
X)

OT: As a man who didn't grow up using an "Eggcup" during breakfast, I must ask:..... What the fuck IS an eggcup exactly?
Due to the roundish shape,a boiled egg won't stay up unless you either a) crash the side were the air pocket was into the table, creating a flat surface or b) use an eggcup to keep it from falling. Then you proceed to carefully crack the shell at the top with a teaspoon and eat the egg from the shell.

This way, you can eat soft boiled eggs (ie. white is done, but the yellow part is creamy) without making a mess.
Oh Okay. Thanks for the info........ Also why can't you just........ I dunno. It feels like an unnecessary middle-man to me. Why not just peel all the skin off and then chop/bite off a bit on the bottom to make a flat surface?

Then again, I only ever eat Eggs fried or sunny-side; Almost never boiled, so....

In terms of practicability you are totally right of course, I'd put the existance of such cups more on a cultural/traditional basis than practical (at least in today's time). The usage of eggcups and the like date back into prehistoric times, so it isn't a new invention. I can imagine it was used because of hygiene. Over time, it more and more morphed into a design thing (there were cups of higher value and material in ancient rome) what it is today.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
"Hello. I am your breakfast."

"Would you like to eat me now?"

"I am delicious."

"Please be gentle with me."

"Ooooooh noooooo"

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Can it sing? And if you put a bunch together would it make a Choir?
They could sing the Breakfast Club.

speakeasysyn

Aug 19, 2010
That would improve school based breakfast by a long shot. And it's so damn cute! I Might even lose weight when I refuse to eat the cute little turret egg!