Possible positive and negative sides to Covid 19 lockdown: changing how we live our lives

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
The only bonus is basicly to some animals that want their owner's attention at all times (dogs, birds), and some conviences like dressing mostly how you want (still wear something decent if you are a Lawyer and need to video conference a case) and going at it on your own schedual when it comes to work.

And while I do enjoy being able to find more D&D and Pathfinder events via roll 20 and zoom, i'm still going, I am not one of the lucky third of people that still get to work at home. I am not even one of the people that can work in the office. So with every day looking the same, my schedual is topsy tervy with little to lookforward to other than: OOh, I gots some minies coming my way!

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia

One big positive of this fiasco for Australia is that a long time ago we signed a big world agreement requiring us to have 90 days of our countries oil needs reserved in an ememrgency stockpile in case global trade gets disrupted but unfortunatly since 2012 we've been failing to meet that goal. So we've taken advantage of the situation and bought a whole lot of oil during this time for record low prices to meet that goal. We still need to get it to Australia though since its being stored in the United States.

Reactions: gorfias

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

One big positive of this fiasco for Australia is that a long time ago we signed a big world agreement requiring us to have 90 days of our countries oil needs reserved in an ememrgency stockpile in case global trade gets disrupted but unfortunatly since 2012 we've been failing to meet that goal. So we've taken advantage of the situation and bought a whole lot of oil during this time for record low prices to meet that goal. We still need to get it to Australia though since its being stored in the United States.
I thought a bunch was just being left in oil tankers off the coast of the US. Shipping companies were being paid to let it sit

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
I thought a bunch was just being left in oil tankers off the coast of the US. Shipping companies were being paid to let it sit
Might be, I suppose depending on the waters that might count as 'being in the united states'. All I know is that I heard labour guys like Anthony Albanese ripping into liberals for saying they've fufilled the agreement now but the oil is still in the United States and not here.