(possible spoilers)MAJOR SMASH BROS. ROSTER LEAKS, VERY POSSIBLE TO BE TRUE!

Ghostface2206

Apr 6, 2013
I'm not sure if anyone has made a thread of this yet but I'll make one anyway. So, not that long ago a leaked image showed off the supposed full roster of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games on 3DS/Wii U. Pictured here is the 3DS version:

A lot of people were divided but it was hard to deny that it was one of the most convincing leaks for the game so far, confirming returning veteran fighters Ganondorf, Ness, Jigglypuff, Falco, Wario, R.O.B, Mr Game & Watch and DR. Mario. Also shown off were new characters such as Shulk (from Xenoblade Chronicles), Dark Pit, Bowser JR and the dog from the NES game Duck Hunt.

However, earlier today something even more convincing was released by the same person: Gameplay footage of the 3DS version:

So how many others are fully convinced by this now?

Edit: BREAKING NEWS! YET MORE LEAKS!!!

Ok, so apparently the person who's been leaking all of these works for ESRB, which explains why this next lot of images contain everything that is remotely explicitand appearing in the game:

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I want to see how Duck Hunt (who is probably going to be called DAG **** by the narrator) plays. Is it just the dog or is the entire game a character?

And the apparent leaker on /v/ said there's three or so characters not been shown yet. A Pokemon rep, a DK rep and a newcomer. The popular consensus is that they're Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Dixie Kong.

Ghostface2206

Apr 6, 2013
Hmmm, interesting. The videos I had posted in the original post (which were legit gameplay take my word for it) have been taken down by none other than Nintendo of America themselves. I take this as definitive proof that SAKURAI PUT GODDAMN DR MARIO BACK IN THIS GAME WTAF WE HAVE ALT. COSTUMES AND ALT. MOVESETS THERE WAS NO NEED FOR THIS CLONE EXPECIALLY WHEN SAKURAI SAID HE WOULD GET LESS CLONES IN THIS ONE.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Probably fake, duck hunt dog is one of the most hated characters in gaming, I know sakurai is a troll sometimes but I highly doubt he would go that far, Dr mario returning also seems very unlikely.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Apparently the art for the Dog is ripped from another source so I'm going to go with fake I forgot the link of the source.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I really hope these are still fake in some way. For one, Sakurai prides himself on having very attractive, colorful menus. Seeing the menus in the "leaks" is kinda depressing. I feel like those could be fake.

The footage of Bowser Jr. Ganondor, and Shulk are a lot more legitimate looking. Which really sucks. I have a strong dislike of Bowser Jr. being shoe horned into all the new Mario games(especially the newest Paper Mario) so seeing him take up a spot annoys me.

Ganondorf appears to still be a clone with no original moves for himself, very disappointing to say the least. He has so much potential to be his own type of fighter.

I have nothing against Shulk appearing in the game. Though I wouldn't call him a "Nintendo All-star" who simply had to be included. Why not put Isaac from Golden Sun in? He's been around for over a decade, he's appeared in three games, and he was featured in Brawl. Again, not disappointed that Shulk made it in, just more sad that Isaac still has not been included.

TLDR: I really really REALLY hope these leaks are fake. :/

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I'm going to remain skeptical until officially confirmed, mostly because I don't want to believe characters like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are anything besides palatte swaps. Also, Duck Hunt? Seriously? That's seriouisly (no offence to the intelligently underdeveloped) stupid. Also, Boswer Jr. can't even get into the newest Mario Kart, why should he get into smash?

However, If this is true... uhh.. woo! Ganondorf coonfirmed! I guess

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I'm probably alone in this, but I'm disappointed the lack of more Sonic characters. Just to do a proper Nintendo vs Sega thing.

Tails and Robotnik would of been nice.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I really, really have issue's with Duck Hunt as a playable character. I can't think of a single justification for picking him over any other possibility. He's kind of a slap in the face to anyone hoping for more deserving characters...and any character is more deserving then this joke character. Even as a joke character Duck hunt wouldn't be funny.

Kid Icarus does seem to be a bit overly represented but i don't mind. I loved uprising and i wish it all the exposure it can get, especially if it makes a sequel more likely

I'm actually fairly happy with JR, he seems to be riding the Koopa clown car which is cool. Unlike most people i never had a problem with the little guy. I don't like JR replacing the koopalings but i don't hold it against him either, i understand why Nintendo would want to deal with just one identical son as opposed to 7.

It looks like Ganondorf is a captain falcon clone again....ugh...why? It didn't even make sense to have Ganon share Falcon's moveset. It was a mistake to have him appear in Melee like that and it was an even bigger mistake not to revamp him in Brawl. Why don't they just give Nintendo's second biggest baddie his own moves? Ganon has dozen's of games to draw inspiration from and has shown anything from magic to sword fighting. There is no excuse not to give Ganon his own moves.

Shulk being in smash brothers is kind of funny considering Nintendo of America did everything in its power to pretend his game didn't exist.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
To those complaining about the Duck Hunt dog, I think you're missing a big part of the appeal. Remember what he was known for best back in the day?

An entire generation of gamers have grown up with decades of pent-up rage towards that dog. Now their fondest wish will finally come true; they will at long last be able to give that hell-spawned cur the savage beating he so deserves.

...Assuming this is legit of course, though it looks like it is. If so, then my feelings are...mixed overall regarding the lineup. I'm psyched to see Wario return, and it just wouldn't feel like a proper Smash game without Jigglypuff as a "joke" character. On the other hand, I'm disappointed to see the return of "clones" that could have been a simple alternate costume instead of taking slots that could have been used for more iconic challengers. I mean for chrissakes, does a character like "Dark Pit" deserve that kind of recognition?! Hell, I'd take the goddamn Ice Climbers before something like that. At least they have a distinctive appearance and moveset.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Put me in the "I Think this is a real leak" Camp.

And I am really curious as to how the Duck Hunt Dog plays. He might be really fun. He might be my Alt-Main for when I don't wanna use Little Mac.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
How do you *spoil* a fighting game? It's just a character roster.
People care about this kind of stuff.

Smash Bros just kind of has that sort of following I guess.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
I'm pretty confident that this is legitimate. With that said, while the inclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit is a bit of a bummer (especially Dark Pit) and the lack of an original moveset for Ganondorf is frustrating to say the least, I'm pretty excited to play as Duck Hunt Dog. I love when they add weird and more out there characters and I'm sure he'll be a very novel character with an out there play style.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
The footage of Bowser Jr. Ganondor, and Shulk are a lot more legitimate looking. Which really sucks. I have a strong dislike of Bowser Jr. being shoe horned into all the new Mario games(especially the newest Paper Mario) so seeing him take up a spot annoys me.
You, yes you! I've warned you about taking my answers! >.< *aims bazooka at*

Anyway, I agree with you on the Bowser Jr thing. He's being shoehorned into every Mario spinoff there is now, and after Sticker Star I'm not a big fan of him at all. Hell, it makes me even sadder that if Duck Hunt is true, then Sakurai considers that damned dog more worthy than Waluigi, who gets shat on by Nintendo already. T^T
*is waiting for his official Waluigi game*

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Neronium said:
Hero of Lime said:
You, yes you! I've warned you about taking my answers! >.< *aims bazooka at*

Anyway, I agree with you on the Bowser Jr thing. He's being shoehorned into every Mario spinoff there is now, and after Sticker Star I'm not a big fan of him at all. Hell, it makes me even sadder that if Duck Hunt is true, then Sakurai considers that damned dog more worthy than Waluigi, who gets shat on by Nintendo already. T^T
*is waiting for his official Waluigi game*
I'm sure we will get Waluigi's Waaa-cky world sooner or later. :p

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
I'm sure we will get Waluigi's Waaa-cky world sooner or later. :p
Dammit, Toad's getting a full on game before Waluigi. The closest thing he's ever been when being an antagonist is in the Mario Mix game in which he was a boss. Poor Waluigi, gets shafted for everything, like in Mario Kart 7 when he wasn't in the game but Waluigi Pinball was.

Anyway, maybe one day Ganondorf will get his own moveset...perhaps for Smash 5.

Ghostface2206

Apr 6, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
How do you *spoil* a fighting game? It's just a character roster.
Well, Sakurai has been kinda drip-feeding us the new characters so far, giving them big announcement trailers and the like so this kind of spoils the surprise of the reveals if that makes sense...

Also, people saying that Ganondorf is still a clone of Capt. Falcon, in this new game you can customise your characters movesets which will hopefully make him less of a clone. Hopefully.