Possibly the Greatest October/November ever? Your thoughts

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
To be honest, the only titles that I'm interested in from that list are Arkham City, Skyrim, and Saints Row: The third. However, it is nice to see that there will be more choices than Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Modern Warfare 2.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I'm only really looking at Skyrim and Twisted Metal.

Nothing else on that list is striking my interest, except for MGS Rising, but I still haven't gone through MGS 3 or 4, so I'm gonna hold off on that for a bit.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I'm interested in Skyrim and Arkham City, a few of those games are on platforms I don't own (like TOR and Uncharted 3...my comp's not great at handling games) and quite a few of them are in series' that I've never played.

Gears 3 and Bioshock Infinite come out in September and next year respectively so I'm also looking forward to what comes out beyond and before those months.

But even if I don't buy the games you listed or have much real incentive or want to buy them the line-up is still very exciting, the fact that in the space of two months we can be playing everything from enormous fantasy RPGs to galaxy-spanning MMORPGs says alot about why gaming is so awesome!

Besides, I'll probably be getting my first job towards the end of the year so a bit of celebratory splurging with hard-earned paychecks on such great-looking titles might sway my decisions.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
assassins creed revelations
saints row the third
uncharted 3

woo hoo! I'ma gonna be skint!
(and I think two of them come out on the same day)

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
goldendriger said:
DmC is set for a november release. It just raped your list, it sucks so bad that October and November have been ruined for me.
WAT ORLLY. Wiki says August 31, a thread on Ninja Theory forums says October 15, and now you say November. Can someone get me a legit release date, please.

Buuut if it IS coming out somewhere around those months, Fall is starting to look even better (didn't think it possible).

Btw OP, missed Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.
Would it kill developers to space out releases a little more?

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions
Uncharted 3
Arkham City
MGS Rising (thought it was coming out next year?)
Darkness II
And now....DmC

FML, gonna be living off of cereal for a few months

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
And guess what I'm getting a brand new top of the range gaming PC especially for this shiny time of hope. *runs around room giggling like a nutter*

This year is a good year to be a gamer indeed.

To add to the list of deliciousness the animated 'Batman: Year One' is coming out the same day as Arkham City which is another thing I am looking forward too.

Also I might get a PS3 to get Uncharted 3 I have never played those games before but I like the sound of them. I am a descendant of Sir Francis Drake after all seems wrong I don't at least check it out rofl.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Personally, I'm only looking forward to Arkham City and Twisted Metal.

Still, I'm REALLY looking forward to both. Arkham City is... well, Arkham City, and Twisted Metal has always managed to scratch my car combat itch. Haven't played it since Black, and I'm interested to see how Online Multiplayer improves the game. Seems like the series has been overdue for a current-gen multiplayer experience for some time now.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
The new Deus Ex (which comes out at the end of August) and Skyrim are top priority for me. Lots of other stuff looks good but I certainly won't have the money to buy it.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Yes, October and November are looking to be the greatest release months of 2011.

Kind of like how October and November were the greatest release months of 2010.
Kind of like how October and November were the greatest release months of 2009.
Kind of like how October and November were...

Only interested in Uncharted 3, which I doubt I'll even buy.
I said best months of releases EVER, not for 2011. That's an obvious statement which would not be even worth mentioning. The only thing close to the Oct/Nov releases might be May/June Releases.

If none of these games take your interest, then your gaming love must only be dedicated to 1 or 2 specific genres which is kind of sad considering all the mastery you are missing out on.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
asam92 said:
I said best months of releases EVER, not for 2011. That's an obvious statement which would not be even worth mentioning. The only thing close to the Oct/Nov releases might be May/June Releases.
I hear it all the time, people seeing the games being released in a time period and suddenly they're calling that time period the best gaming has ever had.

If none of these games take your interest, then your gaming love must only be dedicated to 1 or 2 specific genres which is kind of sad considering all the mastery you are missing out on.
Yep, I primarily only play shooters. I've tried most every genre, but none of them hold my attention the way shooters do.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
bussinrounds said:
asam92 said:
bussinrounds said:
EVER ?? Please..
Name a better one then, bet you can't
Well i could give a fuck about 97% of these new games that come out, so for me you could probably take your pick of any year in the 90's and early to mid 2000's.
Sounds like either your standards of gaming have increased to heights that cannot be met, or you have grown bored of gaming and only 9.8/10 rated games or higher are good enough for you (saying that Uncharted 3, Skyrim or Arkham City could possibly reach that score if all goes smoothly)

TheModWolf

Nov 19, 2009
The new FIFA and Madden games usualy come out around this time, s with Arkham City nd Uncharted 3 that's at least 4 must buys for me. Which to play first?

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
I have to admit that I'm only looking forward to one of those games; that being Skyrim.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Dark Souls, Arkham City, Skyrim, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3, Ass Creed.
Then early next year; damn my wallet's gonna be dry for a long time!

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
TBH, there's only one game on your entire list for those two months that I care about in the slightest, and that's Skyrim. Of course, Skyrim by itself is going to make November the greatest month ever, but I don't plan on even glancing at any of those others.