Post the best video game music ever

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Andrewtheeviscerator said:
ruedyn said:
I'll edit if someone teaches me how to post a video. Warning you will have to deal with my natural retardation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3wR3aIQ23w
If its a youtube video go [youtube=symbols in url after equal sign(close bracket)
quote me to see exactly how
[MEDIA=youtube]v3wR3aIQ23w[/MEDIA]
Ah, I see now

unstabLized said:

Just blows me away every single time.
First attempt and I figured you could use the tip as well.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Hmm well...

Doom was pretty good

Whatever you might think about halo, it had some damn good music

Deus Ex

And there's more but those were the ones I could tink of off the top of my head.

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Homeworld in general is just amazing, and Yes even did an actual song for them.

Bastion is great, but its been said already.

EVE Online has great ambient sci-fi sorta music.

Trying to think of more less obvious ones, but not much comes to mind.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
denseWorm said:

The intro to this music is so fantastic, and it goes on to perfectly capture the atmosphere of stone age through iron age. So unforgettable.
Curse you, ninja! I was so happy scrolling down the thread and seeing that AoE hadn't been posted yet and then you come along and do it. QQ
[sub]You're still awesome for posting it though, it's fantastic music, I listen to it prety often, even to this day. This one and Egyptian Hymn and New Technology are my three favourites.[/sub]

As for actually contributing to this thread, I'll say the Halo 2 OST. There's a lot of great tracks in it, but I chose the track
and

Also, the Hitman soundtrack, since it hasn't been mentioned yet:
and

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
denseWorm said:
Sp3ratus said:
Wow you reminded me of a time years ago when i had that soundtrack on my ipod. Don't know why, I only really like Halo:CE out of that whole series.
I haven't really listened to the other soundtracks of the Halo series, but the one for the 2nd game in the series really gripped me, with both Peril and Impend being stand out tracks for me.

I thought of one more soundtrack, the one for Shadow of the Colossus. MoMy favourite of the bunch is the

EDIT:
denseWorm said:
I've been waiting for someone else to write something so i won't triple post -- I can't believe no one has said this one:

I was thinking of posting the Civ 4 one as well, but you beat me to it, once again:

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
There are far too many to list so I only going to list a few-

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
So little love for Bastion? Seriously that's the best soundtrack of any game ever ever.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Everything else I would have posted has been taken so I'll just go with this.

The entire game has amazing music but Air Man's stage always sticks with me.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
denseWorm said:
Jaeke said:
Listen to it...

LISTEN TO IT!

It's just perfect... and I can play it on guitar which is +10
I really can't stand that one, they took the fantastic tune of the TES series then added a bazillion manly men shouting it out... Just didn't like it. Someone else posted Morrowind, I refer you to that one.
Yeah, Morrowind's theme fits the game perfectly but damn I love Skyrim's, it just works for me. Maybe because I love Norse mythology and love anything Viking but i just love the sound.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
ruedyn said:
Andrewtheeviscerator said:
ruedyn said:
I'll edit if someone teaches me how to post a video. Warning you will have to deal with my natural retardation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3wR3aIQ23w
If its a youtube video go [youtube=symbols in url after equal sign(close bracket)
quote me to see exactly how
[MEDIA=youtube]v3wR3aIQ23w[/MEDIA]
Ah, I see now

unstabLized said:

Just blows me away every single time.
First attempt and I figured you could use the tip as well.
Thanks a lot. Edited my post :)

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
I just thought of another game soundtrack that is definitely worth mentioning. While the game might not be as loved as previous installment of the series, Heroes 4 has, to me, the best music in the entire series, as shown by these two examples: