Post Your Steam Usernames Here

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
I finally broke down and got Steam because the Orange Box pretty much is a gateway to 14-year-old me, and I wanted to give me some advice via TF2 team chat. Anyway, Steam is part tolerable DRM, part social network, so let's network! If all goes well, maybe we can band together and swarm a public server under the [ESC] tag.

Name: amitlu2000
Plays: TF2, miscellany

Aquilon

Jun 18, 2007
Name: Zephyrus
Plays: DoD Source, CS Source

Haven't bought the Orange Box yet, though I am considering it.
It might be an idea to create a "The Escapist"-group?

Billy Everyteen

Sep 27, 2007
group done and done,also Joe,the name Recon isnt working for me when i try to add you

Also the group name is The Escapist,simple no?

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
I may have screwed up on the nickname thing. Try amitlu2000 and you should get me.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
While I am generally against FPSs in general, particularly on PCs, TF2 does look cool enough to tempt me. And Goldeneye: Source, since Goldeneye is the second best game ever created (second to Zelda:LTTP). More immediately I'm going to be looking for that Sherlock Holmes Cthulu game Joe has been talking about.

Also, I hooked the group up with a logo. We stylin' now.

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
SatansBestBuddy

I only got steam for the demos, so I have no real understanding of how it works....

Though I may have to figure it out once the Orange Box comes out.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Lex, Billy and Geoffrey, I can't seem to get you guys added. And I think I turned you down by mistake, Billy. Wanna try re-adding me?

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
I'm in the Escapist Group, so you may have the best luck just adding me through there. I could give you my real Steam ID, instead of my chosen tag, but then I'd have to kill you.

Preferably, repeatedly, with a chaingun. Man, I love the heavy.

Edit: Also, now, maybe, if we get enough people in the TF2 "Beta", we can all score the 8-person team made up of friends Achievement (which I have been unable to source thus far, being one of the two meatspace people I know with access to the game).

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Yeah, I managed to find you via the group. Same with everyone else I bugged, so good deal.

I should be online tonight, since TF2 has its claws in pretty deep. Drop me a line if you see me.

Billy Everyteen

Sep 27, 2007
not sure what happened Joe, on a lighter side, steam friends lists have a capacity. lame. So, SatansBestBuddy. can't add ya because it's telling me you are so popular on steam you don't have room at the cool kids table for me. i wholeheartedly understand.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Weird. The more I get into the community aspect, the less impressed I am. It's got some cool features, but it's just two steps shy of awesome.

Billy Everyteen

Sep 27, 2007
One thing that tickles my fancy is that it functions like Xfire with the chat overlay, source games don't liked being tabbed out of, long reloads, so it's nice to have that feature. Some things are a bit odd though.

edit: right now,its going all weird on me,not show some names in the group,saying I'm not in the group,also running slow.Anyone else getting these problems? Already restarted it once.

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
Joe said:
Weird. The more I get into the community aspect, the less impressed I am. It's got some cool features, but it's just two steps shy of awesome.
They must've underestimated the power of the MySpace/Facebook effect (he has more friends than me! I'm losing!). Competitive web2.0 and all that. Still, I give them some leeway since this has just gotten out of beta (sure, sure, they should've of fixed it while in beta, but who does that anymore? Why pay to test more, when the world will test it for you, for free?).

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
Billy Everyteen said:
not sure what happened Joe, on a lighter side, steam friends lists have a capacity. lame. So, SatansBestBuddy. can't add ya because it's telling me you are so popular on steam you don't have room at the cool kids table for me. i wholeheartedly understand.
Huh?

I've reveiced all of one friend invite and one group invite, so I don't see how that works at all.....

krysalist

Aug 22, 2007
I am a single male, looking for a heavy/healer relationship. Willing to top or bottom. Good at nicely-timed invulns and long distance shotgun kills. Will never desert nor forget you.

Steam ID: paul.rice