Postal 2 Gets DLC 11 Years After Launch

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
Postal 2 Gets DLC 11 Years After Launch

Postal 2: Paradise Lost adds a whole new, apocalypse-themed map to the cult title.

Postal 2 is one of those games that always get brought up by censorship advocates, and it's easy to see why. It's the kind of game that lets you torch a marching band with Molotov cocktails and kick the survivors as they crawl around, covered in third-degree burns. Also, you can urinate in people's mouths until they vomit. To be fair, the game has a mundane list of objectives like "pick up milk", and anything else that happens is mostly the player's fault. Mostly. While the original release came out in 2003, developer Running With Scissors isn't yet done with the cult game. In fact, they're releasing a new expansion pack later this year entitled Paradise Lost.

Postal 2: Paradise Lost continues where Apocalypse Weekend (the previous expansion pack) left off, with a huge mushroom cloud appearing outside the city of Paradise. The survivors, thinking themselves the only humans left on earth, form multiple factions and probably make lots of Mad Max references. Meanwhile, fallout has changed the city in new and bizarre ways.

So, why release more content for Postal 2 after 11 years? Since it relaunched on Steam back in 2012, it's apparently been selling hundreds of thousands of copies. Or, as Running With Scissors puts it, "Postal 2 has and still is performing like a 17-year old in a free whore house... Caligula would be proud". Arguably, it's also the only entry in the series that's any good.

Expect Postal 2: Paradise Lost to offend sometime in fall 2014.

Source: [a href=http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2014/06/10/exclusive-postal-2-new-dlc-paradise-lost/]Inside Gaming Daily[/a]

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Oh boy oh boy this will be loads of fun.

I hope its as fucked up and offensive as the rest of the game and who knows maby fox will attack it that will be some laughs.

As for the dlc itself Hell why not I love Postal 2 I will prob get the dlc.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Okay, that wasn't a fast release compared to the release of the main game, now was it?

Sgt. Sykes said:
I just got Potal 2 on gog last weekend. I wonder how many games from 2003 still sell. It's usually the 'old classics' from pre-2000 or the UE3-gen from 2007 beyond which is still current. 2000-2006 is like a damned period.
Half Life 2 still seems to do well.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Oh this is amazing!

...I shall enjoy going for another pacifist/self defence run

damn, it has achievements as well? Oh boy!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol, i got the fudge pack a long time ago on ebay. can i still get it for this version with all the over the top crazy weapons? that would be actually good to know.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Between achievements, Steam Workshop and now this it seems that a game from 2003 has received more post-release support then most recent AAA's.

frobalt

Jan 2, 2012
I wonder what graphics style they'll use for this...will they stick to the graphics in game already or will they make them more modern?

Because making them more modern would make me wonder if they'd do the same for the rest of the game.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Wooohooo! I read that and run off to my disk map. I still have my disk of the game. I'm from germany and in 2004 i had to cross boarders to buy this game and "smuggle" it into my country (not realy, because of the EU, but it felt like it).