Postal 3 is Coming For Christmas

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Postal 3 is Coming For Christmas

Postal 3, the latest addition to the classic, much-loved PC game series, is coming for Christmas.

"Not even an Al Gore weather forecast could have predicted the difficulties in seeing this project through," Running With Scissors said in a groan-worthy line explaining the eight-year stretch between Postal 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Postal-2-Pc/dp/B00008RGR5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323462640&sr=8-1] and Postal 3.

"If this press release sucks it's because we had to write it ourselves," it continued, practically reading my mind. "Our dearest friend, editor and original RWS member Bill 'The Game Doctor' Kunkel passed away this past September. We'd like to honor Bill and the Postal Dude's best friend Champ, who also passed away earlier this year, by proudly self-publishing Postal 3 in their memory."

[The Escapist's coverage of Bill Kunkel's passing can be read here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112808-Founding-Father-of-Games-Journalism-Passes-Away].]

For those unfamiliar with it, the Postal series revolves around a character known only as "The Postal Dude" who's trying to live his life in the not-quite-right town of Paradise. There's no plot to speak of, just random, brutal violence, although it's apparently possible to make it through Postal 2 without actually killing anyone. The game is best known for gratuitously graphic violence, a murderous toy named Krotchy, the Uwe Boll film [http://www.amazon.com/Postal-Fudge-Pack-DVD-Windows/dp/B000NXMIYK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323462640&sr=8-2] in 2007.

Postal 3 sees the Postal Dude relocated to the town of Catharsis, Paradise having been destroyed by a nuclear apocalypse. What happens next is largely irrelevant but sounds pretty much like more of the same: "What path will you choose when faced with the antics of a hypocritical scheming Mayor? A berserk cartoon mascot with Al Qaeda ties? A former Vice-President's cadre of Eco-Zealots? How about Gay Segway 'biker' gangs, and a sociopathic cult leader Uncle with nuclear ambitions? Will you give in to your base instincts and fight fire with gasoline? Or will you rise above it to become something more, to serve and protect your fellow citizens from the rampant insanity of our modern society?"

Postal 3 is available in an unrated edition - no ESRB nonsense here! - with "masterpiece box artwork" exclusively through the Postalgames.com [http://www.postalgames.com/servlet/the-30/POSTAL-III-PREORDER-*PC/Detail] website. When the game will actually ship isn't clear but Running With Scissors says ordering with two-day air or overnight shipping will get it to you before Christmas. A digital edition will presumably be made available at some point in the future.

"All of us here at RWS are blessed and we wish you and yours the very best of health and happiness this holiday season," the studio wrote in a bizarrely sincere-sounding expression of good will. "Thanks to the greatest video game fans in the world!"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Metal Brother said:
Postal? WTF? I wonder if I'm the only one who read the headline and saw "Portal 3" ;-)
I can assure you, you're not the only one. I was assuming it was coming out next Christmas.

Shilefin

Aug 18, 2011
Metal Brother said:
Postal? WTF? I wonder if I'm the only one who read the headline and saw "Portal 3" ;-)
Ah, yes, me too. As much as i'm excited for Postal 3 i just can't read this article after having thought of Portal 3(I'm sure it's very interesting). God damn you, RWS. Making me have uncomfortable thoughts.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Finally, I've been waiting for this one for ages, but then lost track when the switched the gfx engine from Unreal to Source.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Metal Brother said:
Yeah about 90% of the people here will say that, as that includes myself as well.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Sweet. Shall have to get that'n, always enjoyed the postal games in terms of just blowing off steam.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
That came out of nowhere. Having seen very little news of this game since the early footage that was circulating a year or more ago (probably more like two years) I'd pretty much written it off.

I'll definitely be getting this. Other series flirt with controversy but will never go too far, but Too Far is where Postal starts, and it just keeps going.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
I read portal too... But with valve time it would probably be a few years from now anyways.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Thank god, it´s postal. Everyone, you can put those pitchforks down, Valve isn´t making a rushed shitty Portal game...

Yet!

*Trollface and runs from angry mob*

But, seriously, it´s good to see they´re still developing Postal 3, because by now, I almost forgot those games existed. Skyrim can be a blessing AND a curse, you see.