Potential Save-Destroying Bug Found in Pokemon X and Y

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
This seems to happen to Nintendo. Their games are really good and polished but when there's a bug it fucks you over bad (gamecube Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, now this.)

Still, they can patch it now, and it seems like there's ways to prevent it, so i's nowhere near as bad as it could be.
There is also one in Skyward Sword that's towards the end of the game. Basically it's somewhat similar to the Teilight Princess one in that it locks you out of completing the game. Luckily there is a patch for that one, but I agree that while Nintendo games generally don't have many bugs, the ones they do have screw you over big time.

OT3 Thanks for the heads up, now to go and warn my friends about this.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
2HF said:
Bring on Jeffers telling us all about how it's a feature, not a bug! How it's a comment on the randomness of life and how even the highest of the high may be brought low by the randomness of chance!
Sadly, Jeffers was banned so he won't be defending Nintendo anymore. That is unless he appeals it.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
2HF said:
Bring on Jeffers telling us all about how it's a feature, not a bug! How it's a comment on the randomness of life and how even the highest of the high may be brought low by the randomness of chance!
Jeffers was banned, so you probably won't be seeing anything out of him in regards to this.

OT: Man that really sucks, I hope this doesn't happen to me after I transfer all of my event Pokemon up from the older games...

EDIT: gah ninja'd

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
2HF said:
Anoni Mus said:
yeah, because jeffers always defend inexcusable things like this... Not.
Last I saw, Jeffers was banned.
Scarim Coral said:
There is an outskirt in Lumiose City or where is it exactly since I don't think the route count?
I think it means the edges of Lumiose city itself.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
That's weird...i saved there a few days ago, my save is fine...

Looks like i was lucky!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
VanQ said:
Nintendo does patches on their handheld games? That's news to me, never seen it happen before. It's times like these I'm glad I make it a habit to always save in a Pokemon Center. Don't know why I do it, it just feels right.
That's because the Gameboy could never connect to the internet, and the DS was awkward with the internet, your wifi had to be a certain type. The 3DS can connect much easier to any wifi, meaning more people can get online, so i don't see why nintendo wouldn't start patching there games now.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Restarting a Pokemon game? Ouch, I hate when I have to do that.

Still, it sounds like Nintendo's gonna patch this little error when they get around to it. Hopefully it's soon, though. >.>

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
kailus13 said:
I think it means the edges of Lumiose city itself.
I've seen some people report that it happens to them inside the city as well when they are in the streets of the city. So basically, don't save anywhere in or near the city until this is fixed. XD
Although this little bug has affected some of my European friends and now they aren't gonna buy another Pokemon game they said. D:

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
There is a possible rumored solution to keep in mind:

When starting the game, as soon as you open your file, spam the home button. This almost "forces" the game to load. This has been a rumored solution to have worked just in case.

portal_cat

Jun 25, 2009
speaking of strange glitches (I don't know what else to call it) I can't nickname my Pokemon anything that starts with the letters V-I-O like Viola, Violet and Violin. What is going on with that?! I mean I get that you can no longer use swear words to nickname Pokemon to keep the game's internet side G but what's wrong with Viola (which is the name of the first gym leader)?

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I hope they fix this before Pokebank gets released.

I wouldn't be more upset that I lost date on my 5729239 Pokemon I've had since Ruby, than if I lost 36 hours of my life.

I would still be pissed...

The thing is... I spammed save all the time because I'm used to f5 spam on PC.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Neronium said:
2HF said:
Sadly, Jeffers was banned so he won't be defending Nintendo anymore. That is unless he appeals it.
Jeffers was banned!? That's surprising(although he was very combative), and kinda sad. :(

OT: I'm not a big fan of being in Luminose city anyway considering there is no way manually change the camera when running around in it. I'm sure a patch to fix it will come soon.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
Looks like I lucked out, I saved a few times when I first unlocked the entire city for exploration.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Neronium said:
2HF said:
Jeffers was banned? For what? Man the notable escapists are dropping like flies.

OT: Man losing a save is one of the few things that would make me stop playing a good game for good.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
krazykidd said:
Jeffers was banned? For what? Man the notable escapists are dropping like flies.
He has been on his last strike for months now and was close to having the meter go down, but he was aggressive with another user and that was the what got him banned.