PPG Writer self-inserts himself as a love interest for one of the girls

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
EternallyBored said:
What is the point of getting the credits from the wiki if they can easily alter it before making their little collage
No way to even attempt to provide proof then.
your point is also still factually wrong as the man has written every single PPG episode bar 2 in season 2 one of which even Wikipedia doesn't include him as a writer and featureS the OC in question, conveniently left out of the 4chan image of course.
At this point I'm believing nothing until I see the credits myself in the episode.
Unless their vandalism was the (additional) which means they did add parentheses in which case at least they didn't add ((())).
If it was vandalism, trust me, it'd be three.
As for the spoiler, I laughed, so thanks for that
Foolish Samurai.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Writers of cartoon shows have been doing this for years, putting themselves into the show or others they work with. It usually is done to have some type of joke at either themselves or others expense . Sadly, people really don't give these guys a lot of credit for the amount of pressure they are under for writing and story-boarding animation. Also writers are not the only ones ,even voice artist from time to time are targeted with interesting results.

I personally don't think anything about it; i think it is just a way to have fun with the series at a colleague's expense.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Pretty clearly a joke, as has been mentioned.

Not sure why folks are getting their panties in a twist.

Besides, it's PPG...the new one...the abomination that should not be. It's the failed Ripley clone of the cartoon world that constantly cries out for its (and our) suffering to be ended.

It yearns to be cleansed. With napalm.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
RobertEHouse said:
Writers of cartoon shows have been doing this for years, putting themselves into the show or others they work with. It usually is done to have some type of joke at either themselves or others expense . Sadly, people really don't give these guys a lot of credit for the amount of pressure they are under for writing and story-boarding animation. Also writers are not the only ones ,even voice artist from time to time are targeted with interesting results.

I personally don't think anything about it; i think it is just a way to have fun with the series at a colleague's expense.

"Ahah wouldn't it be fun if we made up a character that had a relationship with an 8 year old ahah?"
"And he could voice it too ahah"
"Yeah that's funny ahahah. Do you think he could see her panties, just for the giggles right guys?"

I'm failing to see the joke here, other than the fact that this man clearly has some issues.
Plus I'm tending more towards other people sticking up to him, seeing as he commented many times before how he liked the character that his avatar is in a relationship a lot. As in, he had a crush on her when he was a kid. And it seems to have stuck.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
It sounds like 4chan is jealous that an old-time fan managed to put himself in the show, and it was none of them.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
This will probably get the show canceled, which is what the internet wants.