Pre-order Sniper Elite V2 to Kill Hitler

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Pre-order Sniper Elite V2 to Kill Hitler

An interesting piece of pre-order bonus content is giving players the chance to assassinate history's most nefarious villain.

505 Games has revealed that players who pre-order the upcoming tactical shooter Sniper Elite V2 before May will be given an exclusive bonus mission called "Assassinate the Führer." The highlight of this extra content is, of course, placing a bullet between the eyebrows of Adolf "I'm Too Evil For a Middle Name" Hitler, the man personally responsible for making a simple style of mustachery permanently unfashionable.

For those perhaps unfamiliar with Sniper Elite, the game features critically-acclaimed sniping simulation, accounting for everything from the shooter's position, distance, and stability to environmental factors such as gravity and wind. During "Assassinate the Führer," players will need to account for all of these potential obstacles and more if they hope to cap the Nazi bigwig as he exits his personal train.

Sniper Elite V2 is actually a remake of the original 2005 game of (mostly) the same name, and will be released for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on May 5th. So, if you're into historical revision, those hokey time-travel episodes of your favorite television shows, or just someone who wants to watch virtual Hitler's brain go splat in slow-motion via Sniper Elite's X-ray cam, then you may want to secure an early copy of the game within the next few months.

Source: Digital Spy [http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a368350/sniper-elite-v2-pre-order-bonus-offers-chance-to-assassinate-hitler.html]

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
All games should be marketed like this, "Pre-order NEOPETS and get the 'Nazi Assassin'! *While supplies last

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
I'm ordering this game anyway, loved the first Sniper Elite...

I guess this is a good bonus though...sort of

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
"Hitler, the man personally responsible for making a simple style of mustachery permanently unfashionable."

Try telling that to Michael Jordan.

http://www.kindofcreepy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/michael-jordan-mustache-hitler.jpg

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I've already killed Hilter...twice.

First in Astro Boy and then in Bionic Commando.

Bisha!

DeadDodo

Undead King of the Dodos
Apr 2, 2010
Tanis said:
I've already killed Hilter...twice.

First in Astro Boy and then in Bionic Commando.

Bisha!
Don't forget Wolfenstein 3D, played that game to no end, but no sniping sadly (wonder how that would have looked).

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
And a few months after the games' release, we get to kill Göring, Himmler, Goebbels, Mengele and the rest of the cuddly bastards as DLC!

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
ZehMadScientist said:
And a few months after the games' release, we get to kill Göring, Himmler, Goebbels, Mengele and the rest of the cuddly bastards as DLC!
Pfft, you're not getting creative enough. Needs some 'Poison Stalin with the help of Beria' and 'Find a lamp post for Mussolini' missions. The 'Convict Tojo of war crimes and sentence him to execution' DLC might need a little work though.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
They had me at shoot Hitler in the face.

Assuming I can afford it this DLC has pretty much sold the game to me.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
This has to be the best pre-order bonus ever! Screw getting a piece of armor or a new character skin, let me kill some of history's infamous dictators.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
OK, I hate pre-orders as it's asking to put money down on a game before any reviews have come in, essentially to buy the game on faith.

Will this mode still be available in paid DLC?

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Gorilla Gunk said:
"Hitler, the man personally responsible for making a simple style of mustachery permanently unfashionable."

Try telling that to Michael Jordan.

http://www.kindofcreepy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/michael-jordan-mustache-hitler.jpg
Oh, now everyone is going to think that black basketball star is a Nazi... wait.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Treblaine said:
OK, I hate pre-orders as it's asking to put money down on a game before any reviews have come in, essentially to buy the game on faith.

Here, let me review the game for you; It's brilliant. It's a remake of the original, so if you haven't played it, do yourself a favor and play it(the original, obviously. You can't play something that isn't out yet....can you o_O)

Here's to hoping they kept split-screen multiplayer co-op.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
-Samurai- said:
Treblaine said:

Here, let me review the game for you; It's brilliant. It's a remake of the original, so if you haven't played it, do yourself a favor and play it(the original, obviously. You can't play something that isn't out yet....can you o_O)

Here's to hoping they kept split-screen multiplayer co-op.
How can you say that when it's not out for another 3 months?

Yes is SHOULD be good but that doesn't mean they can't totally fuck everything up, like on PC (and I will only get the PC version) is horribly optimised or has invasive and crippling DRM. Or maybe it could just be Duke Nukem Forever that everyone expected to be brilliant but fell WAY short.

Look, game journalists have a job to do. I take very little on faith.

I do see this kind of DLC a form of blackmail, to withhold the complete content if the DARE to actually show some critical investigation into their product. Now IF they had done it another way, and just said "pre-order copies get the first batch of DLC for free" then that is different. But as is, I feel like some slimy car salesman is trying to pressure me into a sale.