Pre-Ordering Agents of Mayhem at GameStop Gets You Saints Row's Johnny Gat as a 13th Agent

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Pre-Ordering Agents of Mayhem at GameStop Gets You Saints Row's Johnny Gat as a 13th Agent

Saints Row star Johnny Gat is back from Hell, and he's joining the Agents of Mayhem as a pre-order bonus.

If you thought the events of Saints Row 4 might have left Johnny Gat trapped in Hell, you thought wrong. It turns out not even the Underworld can hold Gat for long, as he's coming to the newest Volition game, Agents of Mayhem, as a pre-order bonus.

We've known for a while that Agents of Mayhem was set in the same universe as Saints Row, but if you were skeptical, this should be all the confirmation you need. There's no word on what other familiar places and faces we could see from Saints Row, but I would not be surprised to see plenty of easter eggs in this one.

For now, Gat is only available to those who pre-order from GameStop, but anyone who's been around in the last couple of years knows that he'll show up as a purchasable DLC at some point after the game is released.

Agents of Mayhem is releasing for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on August 15.

[gallery=7491]

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
I have never understood why Saints Row treats Johnny Gat as some incredible character. I never see any fan bases going crazy over him and it always seems like the devs bizarrely think he is idolized by gamers. I don't hate the character but he is bland as all hell.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Blazing Hero said:
I have never understood why Saints Row treats Johnny Gat as some incredible character. I never see any fan bases going crazy over him and it always seems like the devs bizarrely think he is idolized by gamers. I don't hate the character but he is bland as all hell.
watch the video of his trial, he's hilarious.

also, gat isn't the first SR character revealed, Pierce Washington is also in this game.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Blazing Hero said:
I love Gat. Especially because there's nothing really remarkable about him, yet he's treated like a legend for some reason. I think that's hilarious. Johnny Gat is kinda like Duke Nukem as well. He's an over-the-top video game action "hero". And he happens to be Asian which is quite rare for western games. He's not supposed to be a deep, multidimensional character. That would ruin him.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Jacked Assassin said:
Thus reinforcing the ending of Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell that also had Kinzie & Matt.
I am pretty sure the devs confirmed straight up that AoM is using that ending of GooH

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Blazing Hero said:
He's the only NPC from the 1st 3rd Street Saints to still be apart of them in Saints Row 2. So losing Gat in Saints Row The 3rd was like losing a long time friend. Even if said friend is bland.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Much as I hate the pre-order thing... That trailer is pretty awesome.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Jacked Assassin said:
Blazing Hero said:
He's the only NPC from the 1st 3rd Street Saints to still be apart of them in Saints Row 2. So losing Gat in Saints Row The 3rd was like losing a long time friend. Even if said friend is bland.
That's pretty much it, despite the fact that even in SR2, he isn't in the game very long. He spends half of his particular mission line out of action for various reasons and even when he got his own game(Gat out of Hell) he didn't reveal anything we didn't already know about him other then the fact he's apparently a secret fan of musical theater.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
All I can say is I am hopeful for this game, but I REALLY hope they don't pull the same DLC practices they pulled with SR3 and 4.

Seriously, when you release so much DLC that it costs twice as much as your games, you might have lost your priorities somewhere.