Press Release - Skyrim Hits SteamVR, Following PS4 Success

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Press Release - Skyrim Hits SteamVR, Following PS4 Success

Press Release:

We're pleased to announce that Bethesda Game Studios' critically-acclaimed The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is expanding its frontier and is now available on PC through SteamVR. The release includes the complete legendary open-world core game as well as its official add-ons - Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn - all in one package for PC users.

After a successful launch onto PlayStation VR, PC players can now experience the genre-defining epic fantasy masterpiece on SteamVR on all supported devices. Skyrim VR reimagines battling cursed Draugr, exploring rugged mountainsides and hunting fearsome, ancient dragons to be more immersive than ever before. Aided by made-for-VR control schemes allowing players to move, hack and slash at foes, and cast powerful magic with real-life movements, adventurers now have the control to explore the world of Skyrim any way they choose.

System Specs

MINIMUM:

-Processor: CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 or better

-Memory: 8 GB RAM

-Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD RX 480 8GB or better

-Storage: 15 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

-Processor: CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

-Memory: 8 GB RAM

-Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB / AMD RX Vega 56 8GB
-Storage: 15 GB available space

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR has been rated M for mature by the ESRB and is priced at $59.99 for SteamVR. For more information on Skyrim visit www.elderscrolls.com

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
In other news, most of the Skyrim Special Edition Community became aware of this through the complimentary updates that hit us out of nowhere and caused the Skyrim Special Edition Script Extender (currently in Alpha) to stop working.

Just lovely...

It would have been nice to at least be able to decline further updates, but the only real option we have is setting Steam to Offline and hoping we don't want to download a new game anytime soon. Alternatively, set the game to update only when you launch it and make sure Steam is offline when you want to play it.

Aug 31, 2012
Venatio said:
In other news, most of the Skyrim Special Edition Community became aware of this through the complimentary updates that hit us out of nowhere and caused the Skyrim Special Edition Script Extender (currently in Alpha) to stop working.

Just lovely...

It would have been nice to at least be able to decline further updates, but the only real option we have is setting Steam to Offline and hoping we don't want to download a new game anytime soon. Alternatively, set the game to update only when you launch it and make sure Steam is offline when you want to play it.
Not sure if this works for Skyrim as well, but in Fallout 4 if you use the nexus mod manager to launch F4SE it won't update as long as you set FO4 to update only when launched, even if steam is online.

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
Zykon TheLich said:
Venatio said:

Just lovely...

Not sure if this works for Skyrim as well, but in Fallout 4 if you use the nexus mod manager to launch F4SE it won't update as long as you set FO4 to update only when launched, even if steam is online.
Yah, I think that's another way. Too late for me though, now I will have to try crafting an earlier version of the game this weekend when I have the time.

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
"successful launch onto PlayStation VR"
Is that what they call it?

saile

Feb 23, 2018
Excellent in VR this game, even on PS 4! So I hope that on PC it will be better optimized than fallout 4 ^^ For those who despair of seeing this same game reissued an umpteenth time, I can not blame them, but believe me this version is the first that brings a real replayability of the original title.