Preview: Global Agenda

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Preview: Global Agenda

If TF2, WoW and Planetside had a baby and gave it a jetpack, it'd be Global Agenda. Sort of.

Read Full Article

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
BORDERLANDS FLASHBACK NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I NEED TO PLAY!
Really, this is what Borderlands should have been from the start, more of an MMO. It was calling out loud for that, and the sequel should have this feature, else they're not making the most out of an incredibly well structured game

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Byers said:
God how that looks mediocre.
It actually grew a lot on me as I played and got used to the character and how the game felt - the high end PvE content wasn't SUPER, but it was a lot more interesting than the dull stuff at the beginning.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for jetpacks.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Byers said:
It actually grew a lot on me as I played and got used to the character and how the game felt - the high end PvE content wasn't SUPER, but it was a lot more interesting than the dull stuff at the beginning.

A shame they didn't have the 'MMO' part of the game up for examination; I'd be interested to see if they actually manage to make it feel like an massive world or whether its just an FPS with a meta game on top (see "End War" for the RTS with meta game on top).

gothaggis

Sep 17, 2009
Jetpacks are indeed awesome...when they are part of the Tribes series. So far, I haven't been impressed with jetpack implementation in games (Global Agenda, Section 8)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
chessmasterhex said:
Once again, John shows us that every game must be exactly like Bejeweled Twist in order to be any good. Oh my.
Yes. Exactly like Bejeweled Twist. I'm not going to even consider playing Global Agenda until they add a color matching minigame in the middle of combat that involves me rotating little gems around in order to defeat my opponents.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Looks okaish i guess. It looks like its just smashing TF2 with futuristic elements. Not a buy for me.
Also, i lol'd near the end because the game's anouncer sounds like the voice from a HEV Suit.

chessmasterhex

Dec 3, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
chessmasterhex said:
Once again, John shows us that every game must be exactly like Bejeweled Twist in order to be any good. Oh my.
Yes. Exactly like Bejeweled Twist. I'm not going to even consider playing Global Agenda until they add a color matching minigame in the middle of combat that involves me rotating little gems around in order to defeat my opponents.
Now THAT'S an idea for a game.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
If something is given a jetpack, then its a Tribes reference.
I mean, Tribes (IIRC) started the whole deal with jetpacks, and deployables turrets and stuff like that. Even included vehicles.

But with what i saw of GA, tribes still does it better.

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
That looks pretty badass, especially if the normal game is just free to play. If the PvE ends up not sucking I wouldn't mind buying it.

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
Yeah... my first thought has been ninja'd several times, but this game reminds me of Tribes. Which, if memory serves me right (though I can't quote where the memory originates), had a rumor about an additional Tribes game being developed by individuals. Tribes was pretty much my childhood. Something so comforting in the sound of a disc launcher.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Byers said:

I actually got invited into this to play the Alpha testing of the game, so it wasn't any of this pvp death match thing you had goin.
I got story and the works, it's an interesting game tbh. Much better than what it looks like.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm honestly not into the Shooter scene, besides Mass Effect and L4D I've never really even bothered to play a shooter...

But this has got me interested...

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
This game doesn't remind me of WoW + TF2, it's more of Tribes + WoW - flying to kill. I grew up playing Tribes and T2. Flying around killing people was the most fun you could have in the game it's what made that game so popular in my opinion. Why can't GA let you fly and shoot disc guns... err, I mean any guns =P

I am still on the fence about buying it when it's released. I'll probably let a month go buy and then check it out. I bought into Warhammer Online when it launched and we all know how that went. I hope it's awesome though!