Previews: Battlefield Hardline Beta Multiplayer Gameplay - Let's Play Battlefield

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Battlefield Hardline Beta Multiplayer Gameplay - Let's Play Battlefield

Join Paul and Justin as they preview the Battlefield: Hardline beta.

Watch Video

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
The Rogue Wolf said:
It looks like it would be great DLC for Battlefield 4. Problem is, they want to sell it as a full game.
Well we haven't seen the single player yet, and I think that's ultimately where this cost:value is going to hinge. I'm at least somewhat interested to see what another studio can do with the single player.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Haha I keep getting by distracted by the weapons. Something about a cop pulling an rpg out while "gathering evidence" makes me laugh pretty hard. With the firepower in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if they include a Robocop skin.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Slycne said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
It looks like it would be great DLC for Battlefield 4. Problem is, they want to sell it as a full game.
Well we haven't seen the single player yet, and I think that's ultimately where this cost:value is going to hinge. I'm at least somewhat interested to see what another studio can do with the single player.
It's most likely the same non-interactive "please follow these uninteressting NPCs"-railroad the previous two Battlefields were.

AwesomeDave

Feb 10, 2011
Battlefield 4 was basically a $60 DLC for B3. Now they've made what boils down to a large mod for said DLC, and its again being sold as a $60 game. Fuck you, EA. Seriously. In the ass. With a rake.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
What do you guys think about this kind of video preview? Is the long form better for understanding the pros and con of a game?

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
Greg Tito said:
What do you guys think about this kind of video preview? Is the long form better for understanding the pros and con of a game?
I might be subjective as I'm really into lets plays which is somewhat similar, but I really liked this video. Its much more interesting listening to people discussing the game while playing it instead of a slideshow with some commentary. It also makes room to listen to varying opinions when you bring more people into it.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Greg Tito said:
It does seem like an interesting idea in theory, however as a non-Publishers club member the low video quality was causing me eyestrain after just over 10 minutes. I'm happy with the general length of videos on the site, particularly if you show a game trailer I can find it elsewhere at 1080p

TLDR: Good idea, but too low res for me, > 15 mins

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Greg Tito said:
I honestly couldn't get past 15 minutes, there's very little actual talk of the pros and cons of the game. The majority of what I watched was just reactions to what was happening in game. From what I watched, actual commentary of the game's elements are sparse and brief.

Also as someone else pointed out, the low res really doesn't help. If there was an actual thoughtful discussion about the game's pros and cons it might be tolerable, but let's be real I can jump right now onto youtube and find another dime a dozen "reactionary" let's play and watch it in 1080p.

After the 6th or 7th time I heard "STOP RESISTING! STOP RESISTING!" in 15 minutes I had to just close the video.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
the overall feel makes no sense since the other side is obviously not just going to surrender ever

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
I liked the style, since I could really get a feel for the game. Namely that I won't buy it. It looks and plays exactly like bf4. Very disappoint

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
I liked the Let's Play that you did for Destiny and this is pretty nice too. I don't think 'll be picking this game up though, I've been wanting a Cops and Robbers game for forever but I don't quite think that this is that game.