Previews: The Legend of Korra Gameplay Preview

andrearene

Mar 18, 2013
The Legend of Korra Gameplay Preview

Andrea Rene took a look at new gameplay from Platinum Games "The Legend of Korra" at San Diego Comic-Con 2014. She spoke with members of the team and saw Korra's Bender abilities in action.

Watch Video

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Hmm....Still not sure about the bendings flow, but I guess that's something you have to try out personally.

The Naga level reminds me of the polar bear riding levels in Crash Bandicoot. Also, would like to hear how Korra got Naga now that I think about it. Not really what I was looking for in an avatar game, but at least they're putting some bending in those parts.

Nice to see a few more moves too. I am indeed liking the air ball. :)

Didn't feel too hopeful when I first say it, but like I said last time, Maybe it will be more fun to play than to watch.

Hope the con didn't get you too sick Andrea!

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
This certainly looks more interesting by the minute. As much hate as I'm going to get for this, but I hope for a multiplayer battle in Bending Arena (or with bots, if you prefer).

I'm a bit baffled by the whole Naka running part. It seems odd and perhaps somewhat useless (in it's currently grab all shiny object design)?

andrearene

Mar 18, 2013
I have no interest for avatar, but the game actually looking pretty stellar, graphically around the cell shaded level of the Naruto Games, and some pretty deep combat mechanics. Hmm Platinum <3 SO.. pretty.

Just nitpicking though.. the regular run animation looks a bit stiff... but other than that.. so nice.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
This looks like it could be really fun! Certainly seems like you feel more like the Avatar than with the Last Airbender games at the very least. Platinum Games has yet to develop a really bad gaming experience, so I'm hopeful that this'll be a great time. Hopeful, but cautious.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Still looks like generic bland environments. Only thing that looks nice about it are the character models.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Alcamonic said:
This certainly looks more interesting by the minute. As much hate as I'm going to get for this, but I hope for a multiplayer battle in Bending Arena (or with bots, if you prefer).

I'm a bit baffled by the whole Naka running part. It seems odd and perhaps somewhat useless (in it's currently grab all shiny object design)?
Honestly, if there was any part of the series that could work as online multiplayer, it would be the Pro-Bending arena.
It's just BUILT for teamwork, and if this game implemented some sort of Make-your-own-team selection, it would have a tonne of potential as far as multiplayers go.