Prey 2 Officially Cancelled by Bethesda

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Bethesda has just not been doing well these past couple years... not optimistic for Battlecry, either. What was their last big thing? Re-releasing X360 versions of the DOOM games?

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Prey had some decent ideas, portal mechanics and, shock horror, a non-white protagonist. As soon as I found out Prey 2 was going to be about some other white guy I lost interest.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Yeah not surprising at all. The most surprising thing is hearing anything at all about the game after such a long silence.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
completely forgot about it. never liked the first game anyway. so i cant say im gonna miss this game.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Prey was one of those oddball budget titles that I really grew to love. It's a shame to see that the sequel is dead, but then again, I couldn't really bring myself to be excited about it to begin with. I always thought that Domasi was a pretty neat character - the idea of playing as a U.S. Marshal brownbeard amnesiac did not exactly excite me.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Bethesda dropping a product because it failed QA testing? It'd have to be a real stinker considering the other garbage they've put out.

It's so very weird to think of how intertwined Bethesda Publishing and Bethesda Developing are. How is it that I can basically love one branch of a company in all it's ways while simultaneously despising the publishing branch for absolutely opposite reasons.

A company with multiple personality disorder if I've ever heard one.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Brittany Vincent said:
Bethesda Vice President Pete Hines confirmed yesterday during PAX Australia that Prey 2 has officially been cancelled. Hines stated that the cancellation was due to failure of the product to reach quality standards.
*spits coffee*
Pfft...Pete Hines has QUALITY STANDARDS?? Since when?!