Prices Slashed On Interplay Games At GOG.com

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Prices Slashed On Interplay Games At GOG.com

Remember when Interplay games were good? So does GOG, which is putting a bunch of those on sale to help gamers beat the summer heat on the cheap.

Can we be honest about something? Just between us gamers? Awesome. Back in the day (read: the 1990s and early 2000s), before it <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interplay_Entertainment#Shutdown>flushed itself down the toilet and got evicted for not paying rent, Interplay was an amazing developer/publisher with some truly brilliant games. If you happened to be a fan of titles like Fallout, Freespace and Giants: Citizen Kabuto, then today's your lucky day: Good Old Games has just announced a half-off sale on all Interplay titles.

So, basically, every Interplay game is now going for $2.99 each. That's even cheaper than what you're going to find in a bargain collection at your local store (case in point: I came across Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel all in one package at Target last night for $20), provided the games are still being sold on retail shelves. The list of discounted games also include titles like Sacrifice, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, and Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader (though $2.99 is about <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionheart:_Legacy_of_the_Crusader#Reception_and_development>all that last game is worth).

Alternately, gamers can just pick up the entire set on sale for $95.68, saving $96 from the normal GOG price. The sale is going to continue through the 4th of July.

Source: <a href=http://www.gog.com/en/promo/interplay>GOG

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Awwwww, if I didn't already own Fallout, 2 and Brotherhood on Steam then I'd snap this up.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Totally snatched up Freespace 2 and Citizen Kabuto this morning because of this sale. GoG has long been a company I really respect and appreciate though I'd not bought anything from them.

Glad I was able to rectify that.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Meh. I got a hard copy of Lionheart back in the day, I already own the Fallout games, and I already downloaded Battle Chess from them. The rest don't appeal to me.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I already have all the Interplay games I'm really interested in (and no time to play them), but I'll probably pick up a couple more anyway.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Sacrafice and Citizen Kabuto. Two great games that always felt very underappreciated. Good old times when studios actually took risks and came with novel ideas to present the gameplay. Really surprising no one tried to revive them all that time.

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
Can I be hones about something, there's an earthworm jim sticker on that suitcase. I loved that game as a kid. Think I might check it out

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I think I OWN (READ: Physical copies) of almost all these games already.

<3

Still, good stuff.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Well, I have about 5 dollars or so I could spend.
Mmmm, I could get Fallout 1 or 2.
Orrrr, another game.
What to do?

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Sweet! I've always wanted to try Lionheart, even though i've always heard it's utter trash. $2.99 seems like a fair price to me :)

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
I bought Fallout: Tactics, all of the Descent games and Freespace 2. Awesome. I probably will end up buying more as well, Interplay has a pretty huge collection of games.

Pretty much solidifies my love for GoG.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
CM156 said:
Well, I have about 5 dollars or so I could spend.
Mmmm, I could get Fallout 1 or 2.
Orrrr, another game.
What to do?
Well, Fallout 2 spoils Fallout 1. You have been warned.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
It's a shame Planescape isn't on sale. I own it on disk and know where they all are but not having to bother with disks would be worth three bucks.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Just grabbed Fallout 1 and 2. I have a weird feeling I'm gonna hate the series when I'm done with these games.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Played through fallout 2 and gave 1 a try.
They were OKAY, at best, I'm actually surprised that people have commented the newer ones as not being as good as the originals. There is really terribly little to be said for them.