Prices Slashed On Interplay Games At GOG.com

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Selvec said:
By the way, sucky that Jagged Alliance 2 isn't there and the crappy expansion is.
The "crappy expansion" was published by Interplay, the original was published by Strategy First.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/jagged_alliance_2

This is a sale on all Interplay titles. Ten bucks still isn't bad, though... I may pick it up, as I've heard it's amazing...

Apr 28, 2008
GoG...

My body is ready...

Also, I fully recommend MDK 2 and Freespace 2.

MDK 2 is the only Bioware game with truly fun combat.
Freespace 2 is the best space-combat sim ever made.

Both are awesome.

Kuala BangoDango

Mar 19, 2009
This sale is a good idea. Interplay could really use the money from the proceeds right about now. Too bad the total amount they'll get from all these $3 purchases (or rather the small % cut of the $3) will probably only be enough to pay their legal fees, or continued Fallout Online development, for a day or two.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Yeh, I saw that mail yesterday and my heart stopped beating for a second out of sheer awesomeness.

Too bad I already own Fallout 1, 2 & BOS on Steam, but still I'm really interested on buying Giants, Sacrifice, both MDK, both Descents, Freespace 2 and Earthworm Jim 1+2. In all honesty, those were already on my wishlist, so GOG is giving me a helping hand to get them already =)

Eggbert

Jun 9, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
I bought Sacrifice and I'm loving it, though I'm still a low level. It's about as close as a game has ever come to letting me play as a Planeswalker.
Isn't it beautiful?

Looking at Giants, both MDKs and both Freespaces. Anyone got experience with them?

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
I got Freespace 2 and Lionheart. Updating my Freespace 2 to Freespace Open, which looks amazing, and Lionheart's okay so far. Love the idea of the story!

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
vansau said:
(case in point: I came across Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel all in one package at Target last night for $20)
I bought one of those for $15 man wish I hadn't could have saved a few bucks

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Golem239 said:
vansau said:
(case in point: I came across Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel all in one package at Target last night for $20)
To be fair, that package is totally worth the full $15, and even $20.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
kyosai7 said:
Golem239 said:
vansau said:
To be fair, that package is totally worth the full $15, and even $20.
Oh yeah they are all good games I loved them

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
I'm indifferent as far as Fallout and so forth go, really.

But if you're reading this? Go buy Sacrifice now. Really. It's one of the best games you will ever play - I've yet to find someone who dislikes it.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
If I didn't already have Sacrifice on GOG, I'd totally get it now. Seriously, if anyone is even considering getting it, do so. It's such a great game and it did way too poorly.

Of course, I've heard similar things about Giants: Citizen Kabuto and I think I'll be picking it up now. Guess that'll be next on my list once I beat The Witcher 2...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Out of that list I never even heard of any of them except Fallout(didn't play that either). During that time my PC gaming consisted of Diablo, Starcraft/Warcraft, Command and Conquer and Civilization(there were more but these took up the most of my time). Fallout looks interesting but I'd never be able to play the new ones(OCD collection issues).

edit: I looked through the full list and I do own MDK(didn't like it{can't remember why} but EB Games would only give me 25 cents for it so it's still on my shelf)

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Cogwheel said:

But if you're reading this? Go buy Sacrifice now. Really. It's one of the best games you will ever play - I've yet to find someone who dislikes it.
We talking the originals (here) or the new Fallout, with your indifference?

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Booze Zombie said:
Cogwheel said:

We talking the originals (here) or the new Fallout, with your indifference?
All of them. I realize that they're good games and all, but they're not games I like. And yes, I'm capable of making the distinction. Classics and so forth, but I don't care for it.

I was mentioning Sacrifice because it's one of my favourites, and significantly less well-known.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Well this finally convinced me to get Freespace 1 and 2 and see what all the fuss was about (I was too busy playing the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games back in the day).

I'm only a few missions in, but I can already see why it's lauded as some of the best space combat games of all time.

TheWonko

Oct 26, 2009
I saw that same fallout package at my local Target about six months back. For $7.50. Yes, I bought it.

CL4P-TP

Feb 16, 2010
Most of these games look kind of unfamiliar, ashamedly. What would you recommend, Escapists? X:

CL4P-TP

Feb 16, 2010
Most of these games look kind of unfamiliar, ashamedly. What would you recommend, Escapists? X:

Edit: Facking double post soz. How'd that happen?

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I already own Freespace (2), so I got all I need from GoG :)