Prime Video working horribly on PS4

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Anybody know how to deal with shitty streaming? I have 0 problems with Netflix on PS4 but Prime Video keeps lagging horribly every minute. Bottom of the picture scrambles, image freezes, audio keeps going. Any way I can sort this? I've got a good connection and have tried rebooting everything I can think of.

EDIT: It's one week later and *apparently* the issue's been sorted out, whether it was on Amazon or Sony's end.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Johnny Novgorod said:
Anybody know how to deal with shitty streaming? I have 0 problems with Netflix on PS4 but Prime Video keeps lagging horribly every minute. Bottom of the picture scrambles, image freezes, audio keeps going. Any way I can sort this? I've got a good connection and have tried rebooting everything I can think of.
Sorry pal, don't have prime video. I'm sure someone will have a solution for you.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
From Googling a bit, it seems like problem lots of people are having and there's no known fix. It is a PS4 and not a PC so there's only so much you can do outside of uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Does Amazon let you watch Prime on their website? If so, you could try the PS4 browser then. Or does Amazon let you save videos on a PC? Then you could put them on a flash drive and play them with the PS4 media player. Outside of messing with the limited amount of PS4 settings, you try messing with router settings (like putting the PS4 in the DMZ).

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Johnny Novgorod said:
Cool, anybody with actual help wanna raise their hand?
Not necessarily help, but additional confirmation that this is likely not on your end, and an addition that this may not even be PS4 exclusive. When did this start happening for you? Very recently, Prime Video on the PS3 for me has started having similar issues sans the scrambling of the image, but after a few seconds it tends to recover. Sounds like it's on Amazon's end in general and they need to fix their shit for Sony machines.

As for actually trying to fix it yourself if it is on your end, the usual deleting the application and redownloading it, or going into the Recovery/Safe Mode on it and Rebuilding the database. Preferably in the order of deleting Prime Video, Rebuild, then reinstall. Noting though that I did basically the same thing on the PS3 and it fixed nothing, or only did it for a very limited time, which may be pure coincidence since the second time it did nothing at all. All in all, good luck and I hope Amazon fixes the issue.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Leg End said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Cool, anybody with actual help wanna raise their hand?
Not necessarily help, but additional confirmation that this is likely not on your end, and an addition that this may not even be PS4 exclusive. When did this start happening for you? Very recently, Prime Video on the PS3 for me has started having similar issues sans the scrambling of the image, but after a few seconds it tends to recover. Sounds like it's on Amazon's end in general and they need to fix their shit for Sony machines.

As for actually trying to fix it yourself if it is on your end, the usual deleting the application and redownloading it, or going into the Recovery/Safe Mode on it and Rebuilding the database. Preferably in the order of deleting Prime Video, Rebuild, then reinstall. Noting though that I did basically the same thing on the PS3 and it fixed nothing, or only did it for a very limited time, which may be pure coincidence since the second time it did nothing at all. All in all, good luck and I hope Amazon fixes the issue.
Yeah, I've been seeing posts about it on the PS4 and Amazon Prime subreddit, apparently it's a bunch of people and the problem's on Amazon's end. I'll just wait it out. Or cancel the subscription.