Prince Phillip dies age 99

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
What more could he possibly get out of life.
Mastering a useful skill, championing a noble cause, recognition for something other than whose vagina he popped out of and whose vagina he presumably must have popped into?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Mastering a useful skill, championing a noble cause, recognition for something other than whose vagina he popped out of and whose vagina he presumably must have popped into?
Flying is a useful skill and I'm sure many of those charities the royals are involved with could be considered a noble cause.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I heard on Reddit he was funny and charismatic, but on Twitter, they say he is a racist.

So he's a funny racist???

In all seriousness, He did serve in World War 2, and I like the fact he fought back against the nazis.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
In all seriousness, He did serve in World War 2, and I like the fact he fought back against the nazis.
Indeed, he was a combatant in one of the UK's greatest naval victories of WW2. In a sense, he wasn't at a great deal of risk in that battle, given the Royal Navy caught the Italian fleet completely unawares and demolished a whole cruiser squadron so quickly that it didn't even have time to shoot back.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Wonder how he felt when the country of his wife went on to install Nazi collaborators in the post-war of the country he was supposedly a prince of.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Wonder how he felt when the country of his wife went on to install Nazi collaborators in the post-war of the country he was supposedly a prince of.
Explaining who won WW2 to the ghost of an Allied solider who died at, say, Normandy ranks up there with explaining anti-vaxxers to the ghost of Louis Pasteur for awkwardness.

Talking to the ghost of Karl Marx about modern views of communism is a mixed bag, but start off with saying you went to a state funded school instead of a factory as a kid and it's not that bad.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I heard on Reddit he was funny and charismatic, but on Twitter, they say he is a racist.

So he's a funny racist???

Might be a reason why there's only nice things said about him on reddit

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Explaining who won WW2 to the ghost of an Allied solider who died at, say, Normandy ranks up there with explaining anti-vaxxers to the ghost of Louis Pasteur for awkwardness.

Talking to the ghost of Karl Marx about modern views of communism is a mixed bag, but start off with saying you went to a state funded school instead of a factory as a kid and it's not that bad.
I am not sure what point you are making here. Could you elaborate?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I am not sure what point you are making here. Could you elaborate?
I don't have much of a point, just bemoaning modern society, and how things people have fought hard for have been thrown away.

And I sound really old typing that.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

is there something in the water over there?

Flying is a useful skill and I'm sure many of those charities the royals are involved with could be considered a noble cause.
Bah, killjoy.

Karl Marx at least wrote extensively about the underlying mechanisms which caused this.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I don't have much of a point, just bemoaning modern society, and how things people have fought hard for have been thrown away.

And I sound really old typing that.
You mean conservative. You sound conservative.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
"Things" people fought hard for were being thrown away even while those people were fighting for those "things". Spare me the drivel.