Princess Leia and Queen Cersei Join Dishonored Cast

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Princess Leia and Queen Cersei Join Dishonored Cast

Oscar winner Susan Sarandon leads Dishonored's all-star cast of voice actors.

With only a few months to go until release, Bethesda has announced its cast for the upcoming RPG steampunk shooter Dishonored. Among those lending their voices to the game is Susan Sarandon, who is making her video game debut as former aristocrat Granny Rags. She joins a line-up full of familiar names, making this one of the most notable casts of video game voice actors in recent memory.

Sarandon, known for her roles in movies like Thelma and Louise and Dead Man Walking, will be taking on the role of "an intriguing old blind woman now deranged after years of street life." She's accompanied by Carrie Fisher, who you might remember from a little movie called Star Wars, as well as Mad Men's John Slattery, Brad Dourif of Lord of the Rings fame, Sarandon's Thelma and Louise co-star Michael Madsen, and devious Game of Thrones queen Lena Headey. Rounding out the cast is Chloë Grace Moretz, the 15-year-old star of Kick-Ass and Hugo.

Raphaël Colantonio, president of Dishonored developer Arkane Studios, felt that "having such talented actors voice Dishonored's compelling cast of characters adds a rich, powerful element to the game," stating that the actors bring "wonderful depth and credibility" to the experience. In addition to the voice cast, gamers will be able to hear the original score of Dexter composer Daniel Licht when the game is released on October 9 for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Man, the title of this article doesn't do the cast credit. Michael Madsen and Chloë Grace Moretz? That's some a-list stuff right there.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
This game just keeps on getting better and better, I'm entirely glad I got to see those gameplay previews that showed off the choices available, making this game an instant buy for me.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
This game was going to do quite well already, I don't know if casting semi-big voice actors was all that necessary.

Oh well. Their choice.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Hopefully they have more than two lines. Patrick Stewart's Uriel Septim anyone?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Brad Dourif of Lord of the Rings fame? You're selling the great man severely short there...I mean...Billy fucking Bibbit.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
This game has thus far refused to excite me. However, it's been getting closer and closer with every new bit of news.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
This was already a must buy for me, so I'm not sure I can really express how stoked I am that Hit-Girl is going to be in it.

ALL THE SQUEE'S!

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Great, now all this voice cast needs is some Steve Blum awesomeness, and we'll be square. Jig?

cookie for reference.

Dec 14, 2009
Orbot_Vectorman said:
Great, now all this voice cast needs is some Steve Blum awesomeness, and we'll be square. Jig?

cookie for reference.
Agreed :D

Blum's voice is like cigarette smoke dancing tentatively across a silken scarf.

Looking forward to this, need me some steampunk awesomeness.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
All I read in the title was:

"TWO MORE SORRY ASS BASTARDS I GET TO GET STABY WITH!"

Can't wait :D

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Must...not...get...excited.

This is really starting to wear on me. I don't know how much longer I can mantain having only a passing interest.

Just imagine the dissapointment...

Ok, I'm better.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
Daaaah Whoosh said:
This game has thus far refused to excite me. However, it's been getting closer and closer with every new bit of news.
How are you not astonished by the new additions. One addition in particular. You know who.

Roger Sterling from Mad Men