Print Media Hot Takes

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Country
Australia
Dude, I'm just here for the pancake recipe. Please stop telling me your life story as a prelude. nobody cares
It's not so much that I don't care... I mean, I don't, but it's more the fact that I'm already going to have to spend an hour or two converting American measurements into sane ones as well as finding substitutes for half the ingredients because the recipe listed some ingredient by brand instead of what it actually is and the brand they use is only available in western Georgia. Also, messing around with whether to remove 1/2 or 2/3 of the butter, cream and sugar because just looking at the recipe made my pancreas ache...

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I will say that RL Stine's Fear Street series suffer a problem of having most of his characters act like jackasses. Even if that's the point, it's hard to sympathize or root for certain characters. It's one thing I like about the movie trilogy that came out last year. You have characters with their jerk moments, but they learned to either be better people, or you see why the way they are.