Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Ep 1 - Breaking The Ice

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Ep 1 - Breaking The Ice

Lora, the new FPS master, gets to meet the entire PgG staff through another one of Retro?s infamous icebreakers. How will she hold up in this office of dysfunctional gamers? Meanwhile, RPG is sent to the local gaming and anime convention to acquire new trainees.

Watch Video

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
I thought Screwattack owned all the rights for your show and where it can be shown? Ah well, whatever gets you more recognition. ^^

I really enjoy this show.

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Best parts of this was RPG guy...the main guy makes me cringe a bit more than usual...B+ atm...

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
It's funny and all, but WHY, OH, WHY would you release four episodes at once?

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Ok, that one made me a giggle a few times.

"Are you set to easy? Because I'm already hard"

seniorsharptothetouch said:
Was that the convention in Toronto?
I was also wondering if that was the Toronto convention center

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
I like the way you have the different characters interact with each other. Essentially taking what could be played out one dimensional characters and giving them lots of room to play off of each other. This is funny and it makes me laugh.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Oh no! They didn't complete the last task.
P.S. So far, good show. Looking forward to following episodes.

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
The first four have been out for a bit now so people can get caught up, as for why released all on the same day/time I will let Paul field that part.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
This made me laugh, pretty good.

Any reason for all four at once?

EDIT: The keyblade bit was genius

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
"You always get beat by kids with keyblades" Almost in tears laughing about that joke.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Not bad, a bit on the fence waiting to see where this goes, but I'll definitely give it a few more episode watches before I make my decision.
Edit: Did not realize episodes 2-4 were also posted here, will give those a watch right now.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
OK, I wasn't sure at the beginning, but you had me with Platform's commute. And Racing's pickup lines were so hilariously bad.

WaaghPowa said:
seniorsharptothetouch said:
Was that the convention in Toronto?
I was also wondering if that was the Toronto convention center
That doesn't look like the layout of the MTCC. If it was a Toronto con, it wasn't FanExpo. You briefly see a staff member get on the up-escalator wearing a blue shirt with a kanji character on the back--ring any bells?

de5gravity

Apr 18, 2011
PLATFORM + RACING = AMAZING! lol racing was the most hilarious one, so was old school. the cast should make accounts and come on the forum! and the FPS character looks really interesting.

I am officially a fan :)

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Hey everyone,

We have had these four episodes out for a while now.

Episode 1 was released in December
Episode 2 - February
Episode 3 - March
Episode 4 - a couple of weeks ago

We're trying to make the show a success on the Escapist and we have many new videos that we are working on that we feel are improving the quality of the show. So, instead of wading through a month of older content, we'd like to get all of you caught up on our show so that we can focus on releasing our newer (and IMO, better) content.

It gives you quite a bit of our old content to swim in for a while as we become a regular fixture here on Tuesdays.

As far as our future releases go, here's what you can expect from us:
A 15-20 minute full-length episode every 4-6 weeks.
Every Tuesday that is NOT a full-length episode, we will be releasing a ~5 minute short / mini-episode.

EDIT: The convention was held in Washington D.C.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
God damn I love RPG guy. Platform guy is also awesome with his commute.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I think the IT guy should have been adventure instead, because well, point and click is dead.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Paul Hearding said:
EDIT: The convention was held in Washington D.C.
The Toronto CC has a similar layout, I was confused since I don't remember any conventions happening lately.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Joking about zerg rush was too cruel, but luckily RPG guy saved the show.

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
vxicepickxv said:
I think the IT guy should have been adventure instead, because well, point and click is dead.
It's not dead :< it's just exclusively the realm of Telltale games now