Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Ep 1 - Breaking The Ice

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
So, was that convention bit actually filmed at a convention? And were those actors or regular people?

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
MowDownJoe said:
So, was that convention bit actually filmed at a convention? And were those actors or regular people?
Yes, it was filmed at a convention: Anime USA 2010.

Madara was the only actor that we used. Everyone else was completely improv/impromptu.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
God 14 minutes? I couldn't get past the first ten, sorry. I gave this show a second chance as I thought it had potential, but honestly, it's not living up to it.

The acting is atrocious. Most of them can't deliver lines without smirking or smiling. They seem to have a tough time staying in character. Not to mention the delivery on most of the lines is just bad. The only character I enjoyed was horror, as he hardly said anything.

The pacing is very slow as well. It's also just not that funny. Most of the jokes you see coming a mile away and the timing and delivery of them is also pretty weak.

Frankly the show would be a lot better with something like 3 cast members than this hodgepodge of actors who aren't that great.

Not trying to be a dick, just being honest here. I hope the show gets better, but I won't be watching it again.

On a side note, rather than create a new show every couple of weeks on the Escapist, how about we start regularly updating some of the existing shows? D&A has been gone forever and it was one of the best things on this site. Creature Caster Masters had 2 episodes and has all but disappeared.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
HOLY CRAP this show is amazing.
RPG and Racing are fucking hilarious.
Sadly it took me 13 minutes to realize fps was dressed as Laura Croft.
I am definitely trying out Racings pickup lines in the upcoming anime festival.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
"She shot me in the ass and beat me."
That made me laugh pretty good. Great job guys. It is turning out to be pretty good actually.

Apr 28, 2008
The RPG guy at the convention centers were pure hilarity. Damn that was funny.

Also, I'm SO going to try and use those pickup lines.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
I enjoyed it. The lecherous "driving master" irked me, but I can understand the stereotype. There were a few empty spots here and there, but otherwise I enjoyed it.

More, please!

havass

Dec 15, 2009
"I usually hit X to pick things up."
Oh god that had me laughing.
This show is amusing, I would like to see more.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Have to say, I'm not loving the broad stereotypes each group of gamers is being painted with here...

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
For all of you look for more PgG, we've released all four of our full-length episodes here on the Escapist. Just check out our series index and you'll see all four there for your viewing pleasure.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
There were some great moments that were worth watching, but I'm not sure how much I liked the show as a whole.

I'll probably watch the other episodes later, see if it grows on me.