Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Ep 4 - Flier Frenzy

kara_bulut

Apr 1, 2009
I don't like the IT guy he reminds me of myself >_>

But the rest of the crew is good. Keep up the show !

pejhmon

Mar 2, 2010
Damnit, why did I open the first episode .... I have an exam tomorrow >.<

Loving the show guys

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
...Why do I get the feeling Fighting and Fighter from 8-Bit Theater are ennervatingly alike?

Sunder845

PC Exclusive
Sep 9, 2009
I like that it is almost as long as a regular TV series. I wonder if that will result in longer waits between episodes (normally).

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
This show definitely trends to the better with each installment. I really like retro but I have yet to see him do anything gamish. Maybe I missed something. Anyway Adventure is clearly the best.

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Sunder845 said:
I like that it is almost as long as a regular TV series. I wonder if that will result in longer waits between episodes (normally).
We've been running a pretty high production schedule (3 videos per week) on our own for about three months, so we will definitely be able to keep the weekly pace in the Escapist. The full-length episodes will be dropping once per month and on the other weeks, you can expect about a 5 minute mini-episode that is tangential to the main plot line.

Sunder845

PC Exclusive
Sep 9, 2009
Paul Hearding said:
We've been running a pretty high production schedule (3 videos per week) on our own for about three months, so we will definitely be able to keep the weekly pace in the Escapist. The full-length episodes will be dropping once per month and on the other weeks, you can expect about a 5 minute mini-episode that is tangential to the main plot line.
You have to understand the trepidation in the community for so ambitious a project, The Escapist has had many series (more of late) that come out for a few episodes; then go on hiatus and die.

**Edit** meant to add that this is a great series so far

KeiraZodiac

Mar 25, 2009
37 clients - is that a Kevin Smith reference?

This is an incredibly strong show, the humour comes from the characters and not just referencing the medium, each one is unique and funny in their own way, and you keep on changing up the combos of characters to keep the show from feeling stagnent - great job.

I still think RPG is my favourite, everything he says is a riot.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Paul Hearding said:
Very cool! Y'all are great, the show is funny, I love the camaraderie, and the plot is interesting. Keep up the good work and know that you've got a satisfied viewer who looks forward to future installments.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
I'm waiting to see if they ever address the fate of the previous FPS master again. I'm pretty sure that murder is something the company is going to need to clear up before they go big.

Loving the show so far, but that has been nagging me the entire time.

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
sooperman said:
I'm waiting to see if they ever address the fate of the previous FPS master
Not going to tip my hand quite yet. Just know that we didn't write the plot all willy-nilly. Everything is in there for a purpose and will be addressed...in a big way. We have a big story to tell here and we hope you all enjoy it and all the speculation that goes with it.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
I didn't care much for horror when he appeared in episode 1, but he is now definitely my favorite character. So much depth in such a silly character.

jayjaykoolaid

Nov 18, 2009
"Would you like a cookie? Perhaps a drink?" "What did you just put in the drink?" "Ah..... Nothing." I almost died.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Gotta say, I wasn't sure it would happen but the show has definitely improved since the pilot and first episode. Everybody's acting is a little better, in particular the ladies who now have a bit of stage presence.

New challenger: pacing. The show definitely still drags during some scenes. You might also want to alternate who stars in the episodes as opposed to giving everybody pretty much equal screen time. Democratic film making makes actors happy, but makes for so-so cinema.

HydraMoon

From high atop the treehouse
May 3, 2011
Better with every episode. The new set and everyone getting more settled in their roles is making this a must watch for me. Great job.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
IT is starting to seriously become an annoyance. Please do something to make him stand up for himself at LEAST once in the next two episodes...