Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Ep 4 - Flier Frenzy

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
Was a lot to watch all at once, but they did get better as it went along.

I am enjoying seeing how the characters develop in the series.

Was good to see two strong female characters in the show that could have easily became a sausage party also.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
LET'S FIGHT!

a) RPG master is becoming my personal hero. He is channeling the spirit of Adam West very well.
b) Horror master is right behind RPG master on my love list.
c) Microphone difference is gone almost 100% so that's awesome.
d) Number 1's character needs more development
e) Puzzle master... Very... Very good
f) Fighter-Horror character chemistry seems quite interesting. Would be very nice to see more of that.

As an addendum I have to say that the idea of MMO guy actually being the one working the hardest is quite funny.

But overall, very promising series. Amazing release schedule if you can keep it up.

If Escapist has not given you a raise yet they are quite foolish.

PS: I left out FPS and IT bit for a reason that there is no real content in all of that, there is nothing interesting or new in all that. It's your run of the mill "Nerdy guy tries a pass at girl" thing. By using my clervoyant powers I say that later on he will observe that the girl likes platform master so he will try to act more like him but it will end up being on "Friends" stage for the most of the season.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
"Fighter! You're dumb! give him a hug!" - Horror

Lol Horror has become my favorite, with Parkour as my second, and Puzzle as third.

"So wait, the house was burning, and you were a block away, how does that make you legible for insurance... Racing was there... and you have 3 daughters... Ok I get it now..." Lol that made me laugh so hard (I realise it isn't the 'exact' dialogue, but pretty close).

TheAngryMonkey

Nov 18, 2009
Great Episode best one yet. I have enjoyed them all.
I used to have a fave character now I can't decide, the whole cast is great.
I wasn't a big fan of Horror at the beginning, but now I would say is one of my top characters.
Sports has really grown on me, he was great in this episode.
Fighting guy is great, he doesn't have many lines but his presence is good laughs.
Are u guys trying to make FPS the 'sexy one', cause that award goes to Puzzle.
The whole cast is great.
I want to know what happened with IT and FPS, nice cliffhanger.
Looking forward to the next episode.

Kulololi

May 20, 2009
I don't know what to say. I hate this thing with a passion for it production values, but the humor makes up for it in so many ways. I'm gonna need a bit more time before I can really commit to this.

Greenansatsu

May 21, 2009
You promised me good characters and you delivered and then some. I find it really refreshing to see a live action series that you can instantly tell each character apart no matter what. I can tell who a character is just by seeing them or just listening to a line or two of dialogue and that is amazing.

I also have to say that I am loving almost all of the characters, they all have their own little quirks that just make me want to like and see them on screen. Only one not hitting it for me is RTS, I just can't get behind him at all, and all the scenes with him in just feel slow to me. However you did give him minion which might help things along later in the series.

All in all, I am loving this show and can't wait to see more of it, what you have shown so far is great and I'm sure it will only get better as time rolls on.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Really enjoyable episode, loved it!
Some of the characters i thought were one-sided and boring showed a different personality, so do say. Anyways, they all seem much more interesting now. And the team-ups were really cool too.
The part after the credits was also awesome, Horror playing Kirby's Epic yarn made me laugh.
So, yeah. Really well done. Loving the trainers and the show.
Though, now comes the wait for the next episode. Not fun at all.
Ah well. Looking forward to it!

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Owlslayer said:
Though, now comes the wait for the next episode. Not fun at all.
Ah well. Looking forward to it!
Glad you enjoyed it. Although the wait shan't be too long. As we have weekly mini-episodes. So, there's character development and laughs to be had there as well... just in ~5 minutes of video instead of 15-20 minutes.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
T-money's Balls.
Immature, but it made me laugh. Seriously this actually keeps getting better.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
I could probably use Fighting's services, as I created a monster in my cousin. You see I babysat him about six years ago, he was ten or eleven at the time. I used my PS2 not as a replacement babysitter but as a babysitting tool, teaching him him obedience, determination, etc. Well, that and food, that was also a useful tool. If it's good enough for a pidgeon then it's good enough for him, I reasoned. I never really withheld food, I just... had certain criteria for him to fulfill in order to get the food he wanted (Mc Donalds, ALWAYS Mc Donalds). I don't honestly know if I'm a monster or a model babysitter...

Anyways we were out of contact for five years or so as his father had custody for a while, now custody has switched back and we hang out sometimes on the weekends.
The phrase "Do ten Raging Demons in a row, then I'll make lunch." is a going to be haunting me for the forseeable future, as the student has become the master during the time we were apart.
At this point I frankly wouldn't care if Fighter was a brain damaged savant or not, so long as he could improve my skill.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
This is great. I'm so glad I decided to give this a chance. Horror and Puzzle are definitely my favorite characters. Looking forward to seeing more!

Nojh

Occipital Ostritch
Aug 10, 2009
Okay so I gave the first four eps a try. Each ep got progressively better so I'll likely continue watching.

I like FPS, Horror, Puzzle, Platformer, and maybe Fighting the most. I'm kinda eh about Sports but I liked him in this episode. The more antagonistic characters I'm not sure I find funny enough to counter balance their negative natures. Right now I really dislike RPG and Retro. I understand their stereotypes but I don't find the situations they are put in funny enough to overcome their negative aspects.

Maetrix

Amiable Curmudgen
Nov 12, 2010
I would love to see a site where you can explore the different characters more closely and what defines each one. Not sure if that can be done on Escapist though...

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Just done the 4 episode marathon plunge.

Really, really well done. Very funny, all of the characters have been given a good personality and it's just great fun to watch!

Don't you dare die on me, ya hear?!

SwSlater

Nov 3, 2010
jackanderson said:
Just done the 4 episode marathon plunge.

Really, really well done. Very funny, all of the characters have been given a good personality and it's just great fun to watch!

Don't you dare die on me, ya hear?!
Only you can prevent forest fires ... and shows being canceled.