Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Ep 5 - The Virtual World (Full Length Episode)

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Awesome to have a full episode again. Please don't deviate from the schedule again, waiting another week for this sucked.

I guess my only question was why so many of them were in the virtual world to begin with. Was it supposed to be part of the tour?

Andrew Ready

Nov 2, 2010
Wolfenbarg said:
I guess my only question was why so many of them were in the virtual world to begin with. Was it supposed to be part of the tour?
Early on in the episode, Retro made a point to say that having ushered so many masters into the VW would cut down on Tycoon related casualties.

HMSteve

Nov 5, 2010
42 is the question said:
I love this show! you guys have a great idea going with this.
btw, which master would be the master of minecraft?
It may seem difficult to believe at first.. but we gave it to Retro. The poor man is quite the fan and was most perplexed why he had never heard of this obviously graphically old game until recently and is an avid player. Retro even sports a shirt with 'explore & punch & mine & create' with pride on several occasions around the office. Most of us realize it is a new game and could be considered a puzzle game for the building or an MMO for the group play.. yet we have not the heart to tell him. The way Retro's eyes light up and his grin grows broad at the mere mention of it is a sight to behold! I can always tell by the twinkle in his eye that he has thought of a new plan to enact on the minecraft server he frequents. Quite an uplifting feeling I assure you.

Coffinshaker

Feb 16, 2011
that was freakin hilarious! I especially loved their battle stance dances and the power bar aoe heal! XD

great work gang!

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
Does anyone besides me notice that Fighting's Hadouken sounds like the intro soundbyte to Audiosurf? I swear it does.

SwSlater

Nov 3, 2010
Professor James said:
What does I.T. stand for?
It depends on who you ask. Ask most people it stands for Information Technology. Ask RTS and apparently it stands for Indentured Tenant (see Episode 2, 5min 41sec in: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/pro-gamer-guantlet/3241-Ep-2-Lets-Vent).

Fumofu

Nov 11, 2010
CKYNEMESIS said:
Good episode

I like this series the way it is but if they had to add a genre master please go with a stealth master, I think they could do some funny stuff with that.
Fun fact: Platform used to be the stealth master. No really, it says so on their website.

I know this is old but I only discovered you last week (and managed to watch all of your videos here and on your site in that time) and I wanted to voice my appreciation. You guys are my new favourite series on the Escapist and I can't wait to see your new content once you finish introducing the Escapist to your old content. I hope you release the bloopers for this since I imagine there would have been plenty of funny moments when filming.

Ryu890

May 28, 2011
You gotta admit...the guy who plays Tycoon is VERY good. I mean, the others are all pretty darn good as well, but if I had to pick a 'best'....