Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Ep 5 - The Virtual World (Full Length Episode)

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Epic episode PgG team! I am very impressed with the flawless nature of the shorts and the full episodes coexistence. The story is shaping up rather well, and this episode just has all sorts of awesome packed into it. From wine goblets meant for giants, to horror giving fairly sound advice, to a great RPG battle. I really enjoy this series and compliment the writing, directing, and acting of this series! Shout out to the SFX IT peeps behind the scenes that make every episode awesome!

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Yankeedoodles said:
Nice long episode guys! That must have been a pain to edit. Out of curiosity are you using some kind of filter on I.T. during his rage scenes or does the man just have color changing abilities?
I can do that, easy, just think about multiplay-*IT RAAAAAAAGE!!!!!*

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Methinks solving Puzzle's cube would be worth the reward :p

Loving the show, although in my opinion it needs a touch more Horror added to it

Jun 11, 2008
Cain_Zeros said:
Avaholic03 said:
I have to say, figuring out Puzzle's heart is still easier that most women. But I certainly wouldn't want to mess with her tetris attack.
Also totally worth the effort to solve. Puzzle's adorable.
There is probably a trick to it like normal Rubix cubes.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Glademaster said:
Cain_Zeros said:
Avaholic03 said:
I have to say, figuring out Puzzle's heart is still easier that most women. But I certainly wouldn't want to mess with her tetris attack.
Peel and switch all the stickers?

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
The only bits that are "Meh" are the ones with I.T. I know you meant him as a character for a viewer to project onto and to be the one that evolves and grows during the storyline... But he is just not a likable character.

Other than that, amazing episode. And i loved the horror's card.

Jun 11, 2008
IndianaJonny said:
Glademaster said:
Cain_Zeros said:
Avaholic03 said:
Peel and switch all the stickers?
I was thinking something along those line. Maybe it might be something like the Lego Table though.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Poor IT... So sad.
Also, RPG has quite a lot of HP, but RTS seems like a weaker version of Puzzle ( a bit more hp, but wayy to little MP for my taste (in the fight, that is :D)). But the RPG-stype fight was really awesome, loved it.
Also, wow... racing... nice moves. And even running away.
The VS fight was also quite cool. And all that food made me hungry.

Jesus Christ, Tycoon's evil as hell.

In conclusion, awesome episode, loving it!

TheAngryMonkey

Nov 18, 2009
Great episode, that was a very fast 20min.
Keep up the good work, all cast members were great again.
'Sports' with all the energy bars spilling out his backpack was hilarious, then showering them for 100+HP was too good. Reminds me of running around RPGS, with like 70 heal potions.
Awesome fighting sequences both them.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
So, this was episode 5 of Season 1. I didn't see an episode 6 on the menu. Does that make this the last episode of the season? When can we expect more? And will me get more mini-episodes in the meantime? Seriously, a mini-episode should explore at least a little bit of what happened between MMO and Tycoon.

This all makes me wonder what happened in the virtual world with the previous FPS master. It didn't seem so bad. I would love to do something like that. But were are the Digimon?

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Saltyk said:
So, this was episode 5 of Season 1. I didn't see an episode 6 on the menu. Does that make this the last episode of the season? When can we expect more?

This is most definitely not the last episode of season 1. You can expect a full-length episode once a month with mini-eps filling in the other weeks. We still have a ton of story to tell in season 1.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Paul Hearding said:
Saltyk said:
So, this was episode 5 of Season 1. I didn't see an episode 6 on the menu. Does that make this the last episode of the season? When can we expect more?

This is most definitely not the last episode of season 1. You can expect a full-length episode once a month with mini-eps filling in the other weeks. We still have a ton of story to tell in season 1.
Cool. Good to know there will be more. I'll look forward to it. And the mini-eps as well.

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
I just wanted to pop in and say that I really enjoy this whole series.

And keep releasing those bloopers too. The Episode 2 blooper reel with Retro and RPG was just priceless. Plus, it just feels great to know you guys are having so much fun making PGG.

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
Saltyk said:
So, this was episode 5 of Season 1. I didn't see an episode 6 on the menu. Does that make this the last episode of the season? When can we expect more? And will me get more mini-episodes in the meantime? Seriously, a mini-episode should explore at least a little bit of what happened between MMO and Tycoon.

This all makes me wonder what happened in the virtual world with the previous FPS master. It didn't seem so bad. I would love to do something like that. But were are the Digimon?
Implying what happened to the last FPS master happened in the virtual world.... : waves fingers mysteriously : this may eventually be explained.

Also I agree... where are the digimon... MMO would love to have himself a Gomamon... :D

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
Well, this episode was clearly one of the better. Really enjoyable in fact. I was actually considering to stop following the series, but this episode chaged my mind. Keep making episodes this good and... Well... Umm... I'll watch them? Which is good, I guess. Anyway, great episode!

krellen

Unrepentant Obsidian Fanboy
Jan 23, 2009
I really needed a pick-me-up today, and this episode was it. Best of the bunch, and promises of even better to come. PGG is my new favourite thing on the Escapist.